Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bill Bernat

Platform 5 alongside DMS 2

Bill Bernat

I've been running into this recurring issue on my company's site since installing Platform 5. Our current site is built originally on Pagelines DMS, and we've been adding new things to the site with Platform 5. Eventually, we'd like to rebuild the site with just Platform 5, but for now, I need it to play nice with DMS.

We are running:

• Wordpress 4.4.1
  • Platform 5 5.0.101
  • Pagelines DMS  2.2.1.1

Our website is http://www.adaptiva.com (screenshots taken on http://adaptiva.staging.wpengine.com)

Here's the steps that produce this issue every time:

1. Here's a screenshot of my page built primarily with DMS. The banner section and the menu right under it are made with Platform 5, using the sections "Elements" and "Menus."

qMkAJQP.png

2. Click the "Publish" button on the DMS editing bar. Whether or not I actually made any changes to DMS components makes no difference in this step.

IFXU1cS.png

3. Refresh the page.

iXlAfj1.png

4. Platform 5 sections are gone and unrecoverable. I've tested to see if it's just the Elements section, but it happens no matter how many Platform 5 sections I have on the page, no matter which sections they are.

Wtx2uVc.png

Any help, advice, or fixes would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

nandorj78

I have already reported this here:

Hopefully, with your explanation @Simon can now understand what is going on.

chrisayers

I will confirm all this. DMS and PL5 overwrite each other. I have experienced these same bugs.
PL5 V 5.99
DMS Version: 2.2.1.1
WordPress 4.4.2 

In addition to all his screencasts, If you Move from a Pl5 site back to DMS All PL5 shortcodes placed inside the loop disappear when DMS theme activates.

MrFent

Also confirmed. 

PL5 v 5.0.102

DMS Version 2.2.1.1

Wordpress 4.4.2

(I'm using a DMS child theme)

When I hit "publish" in DMS, the PL5 sections remain in place and arranged how they were, but the settings in each of those sections are wiped out.

http://screencast.com/t/YMTWcbE9

Simon

Were on top of this.. 

Means a database update in next patch.. currently in testing..

Bill Bernat
1 hour ago, Simon said:

Were on top of this.. 

Means a database update in next patch.. currently in testing..

Great, thank you Simon!

Simon

If you have already 'nuked' sections i suggest you wait, or use a backup, there is no way to recover them unfortunately.

Bill Bernat

Seems like this has been fixed in the latest update — can you confirm?

Thanks!

Simon
9 hours ago, Bill Bernat said:

Seems like this has been fixed in the latest update — can you confirm?

Thanks!

Yes I can confirm we did push an update with the fix.

If you are paranoid just do a quick backup as wordpress always suggests ;)

tdiaz

Most excellent, as this too kept making exploring for migrating, a bit more of a challenge than was intended :)

• Similar Content

• Michael Kummer
      By Michael Kummer+
      Hi fellow forum members,
      Is it just me, or has the PageLines staff gone dark? I have multiple open threads with zero response and some have been open for months. As a paying customer, that is pretty frustrating. Does anyone else has made the same experience? Any suggestions on how to get support here?
      Thanks
      Michael
    • Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a few weeks ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• tuciudadenred
      By tuciudadenred+
      Hi everyone, what happens is that the web page metrosalarmas.com has a google tags which I have not attacked where I can look to remove those tags and be able to locate the correct ones.
    • Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a week ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• JawDesigns
      By JawDesigns
      Hi everyone,
      Flywheel have reported errors on my clients site 'www.racewaredirect.co.uk' and it's not loading. Can someone please provide some information on how to fix this? The site has never experienced these issues before.
      Thanks,
      James Wilson