Sign in to follow this  
salesdigitalheavenscouk

Internet explorer issues.

salesdigitalheavenscouk

Please have a look at www.digitalheavens.co.uk It works fine on all browsers exept IE. It looks awful, plus when you click on any menu buttons it opens the page and defaults down to the search box at the bottom? Any ideas on how to fix this? Regards Stewart Wood

salesdigitalheavenscouk

update: I've have since found out that the page is being sent down to the bottom because of the side abr login plugin. When a user is not logged in it defaults to the login area which is not good. For now I have disabled the plugin.

catrina

Have you gone to your theme settings and checked the box next to Include Google IE Compatibility Script? (in the Custom Code section)?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

salesdigitalheavenscouk

Yes, that option is ticked.

ericmyers

Stewart, IE can sometimes make a website look very bad. What's your website link?

salesdigitalheavenscouk

Hi Eric, it's www.digitalheavens.co.uk It's little things like boxes not lining up. Now if it IE thats the problem I'm not bothered lol. But I need to know if its IE or my custom coding thats the problem.

Kate

@Stewart I did see several differences between FF & IE(7). It seemed that several of these were rooted in padding (or possibly margin) declarations in the CSS. So, with that in mind, it's possible it is because of custom code. FF & IE can treat padding and margins differently, especially with floated elements. I didn't notice the defaulting to the search page at the bottom, though. So, I'm not sure about that one, as I couldn't replicate it.

salesdigitalheavenscouk

So how would I go about fixing this, Is there a code I can use to tell IE different padding and margin settings? ps. I've fixed the search page problem it was a plugin.

cmunns

So is the problem resolved or does it still look bad? Can you post a screenshot from IE for us mac folk?

salesdigitalheavenscouk

I'll sort out a screen shot you tomorrow. The website works ok for customers to use it but is just a little messy lol.

bryan-hadaway

I would say the problem is pretty much with IE 9 out of 10 times for multiple reasons. With the development of your site you'll quickly learn what us veterans have known for sometime; IE doesn't play nice. First step is to make sure that you're coding valid: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.digitalheavens.co.uk%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0 Then yes, there is a great trick to style for IE only; CSS ` .whatever{color:#fff} html>/**/body .whatever{color:#000} ` HTML `

Hi There.
` For IE "Hi There." will be white, for all other browsers, black. Thanks, Bryan