MissT

[Solved] Disable Platform5 Editing by user

MissT

Is it possible to disable Platform 5 editing for certain users? - i.e. just keep certain users to normal WordPress editing options when needed. Not all of my clients will want to be able to make the kind of changes that are seeming possible for everyone at present.

Apologies if there is a setting somewhere already to disable the Pagelines icon from the top menu that I have missed!

micstepl
10 hours ago, MissT said:

Is it possible to disable Platform 5 editing for certain users? - i.e. just keep certain users to normal WordPress editing options when needed. Not all of my clients will want to be able to make the kind of changes that are seeming possible for everyone at present.

Apologies if there is a setting somewhere already to disable the Pagelines icon from the top menu that I have missed!

• not currently -  as I know.
  • maybe there will be a Funktion later, after launch

oksodavid

Hi @MissT If you use User Role Editor you can create additional roles eg. if you want to differentiate between a standard editor (no pl capabilities), and editorplus (has pl caps), and a basic fix for the UI would be to use Adminimize for backend admin and front end toolbar capabilities.

chrisayers

Just playing devils advocate here. When I had clients that could not manage my DMS sites, I connect them to jetpack. The client only logs in to the wordpress.com side to make posts. The main site updates from that. This is Super simple to set up.

Simon
21 hours ago, chrisayers said:

Just playing devils advocate here. When I had clients that could not manage my DMS sites, I connect them to jetpack. The client only logs in to the wordpress.com side to make posts. The main site updates from that. This is Super simple to set up.

Thats not a bad idea!

micstepl
On 31. Jänner 2016 at 0:01 AM, chrisayers said:

@chrisayers ... what do you think about the plugin "Advanced Access Manager" (for many options) ? 

oksodavid

@Simon just wondered if this thread is still open, and if so, just to check in on ms (network only) access control. say you wanted to grant some subsite editors/+ pl5 and prevent other sites completely eg, using other builders/theme conflicts etc. np, just curious...

Andrew

Ya its on the way, we are on extension lock down until post launch.

• Like 2

oksodavid

@Simon hi Simon, just checking in to see if this is functional with latest version 5.0.148 & access control 5.0. I tried to use it today and get the main settings to show it's activated, but it doesn't render expected controls in user profile

Simon
29 minutes ago, oksodavid said:

@Simon hi Simon, just checking in to see if this is functional with latest version 5.0.148 & access control 5.0. I tried to use it today and get the main settings to show it's activated, but it doesn't render expected controls in user profile

Shouldnt be any changes, i'll have a look now for you.

oksodavid

ok, must be me, I'm missing the Access Control tab below Pagelines Info tab. I'll have a dig on a clean setup. btw, I'm on a child theme, so will check that too

Simon

Make sure you are not logged in as the user you are trying to edit.

oksodavid

yep, I thought that would be the case. ok, so it only appears if I make the user admin.

Edited by oksodavid (see edit history)

oksodavid

just to follow up on this, from what I can see, the functions require you set the user to administrator briefly - to set the various access-control prefs, then the settings remain applied once you put the user back to the required level eg editor etc.

• Like 1

Rent Sidon

Regardless of which limits I toggle, the Leaf menu/Pagelines Editor disappears and there doesn't appear to be any means for a user (designated Editor) can move/edit sections.  Is there something I am doing wrong/missing?   Please advise.