Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

janpeeters

Feature request: hidden or inactive section for already filled boxes

janpeeters

Often I find myself creating boxes with potential content on a page. I like experimenting with various combinations and sometimes I want to see how the page works if I remove a few boxes. But if I remove them they're gone and than I have to enter the text again if I want to add them again later. I could of course first make mock-ups of the page in another app but since PL5 works so fast also for sketching I'd love an area in Boxes settings where I can drag already configured boxes to to hide them temporarily.

Simon

Copy section to clipboard, under advanced ;)

janpeeters

Hi @simon, yeah that trick is indeed a workaround, but what I suggest works quicker I guess. But might fall in the category of 'could be but not now'. ;-)

Gavin_

as an idea - on your page template you could create a section that has CSS to always be hidden - you could then drag any items you dont want to be seen into that section.

janpeeters

@Gavin_ Thanks for the suggestion. That would work with whole sections but not if you want to deactivate let's say two boxes in a boxes element that contains 10 boxes.

Gavin_

couldn't you drag the boxes you are temporarily hiding into the section with the hidden class?

janpeeters

@Gavin_ Only if I'd use e.g. 10 separate box sections. I was talking about the feature that in one boxes section you can add 10 separate boxes. But now I get your point I guess, You would use 10 separate boxes elements, right?

Gavin_

hmmm i guess any option other than an individual box having a hide option is work. 

• Similar Content

• yemoonyah
      By yemoonyah+
      Hi, even though I just got a SSL certificate, I can't get the green padlock to appear due to the following error:
      :A file with an insecure url of "http://yemoonyah.com/wp-content/plugins/pl-section-boxes/check.svg" was loaded via the javascript file: https://yemoonyah.com/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js?ver=1.12.4 on line 3. The insecure URL may not be directly contained in the script file and may exist elsewhere."
      I figured if I delete and re-install the plugin it might fix the problem but will my boxes on the website still be there? Or do I have to redesign everything all over again if I delete the plugin and then re-install it?
    • Audun MB
      By Audun MB+

Here:http://attac.no/global-ulikhet/
      The images are forced into a boxed frame so that you can't see the whole picture. Doesn't look so good. Is this a bug? A feature? How can I fix it?
    • JudithKlinger
      By JudithKlinger+
      The recent WP update seems to be quite cheeky...messing about with a number of things. 

Having trouble with boxes displaying differently in different browsers.  1st screen shot is Chrom...looks ok. 
      2nd screenshot is Firefox...colors are different. Icons are different. Have weird 1000's next to the icons. Any idea what's going on? 

Thanks!! 
      Judith

• richardjacruz
      By richardjacruz+
      Someone reported this little bit of weirdness to me today. They were using Internet Exporer. I used an emulator, and I received the same result. Please see the attached.
      The website is richcruzchicago.com.
      Thanks,
      Rich

• Susan
      By Susan+
      Everything was fine with my site.
      Suddenly, strange characters are appearing in Boxes. See image. Site page is here. I even tried to add a new Boxes section but the same thing keeps happening, so I deleted the new section.
      How can I resolve this?
      Your help is greatly appreciated.
      Thank you.