Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

micstepl

Using Container Sportcode

micstepl

How does the SPORTCODE CONTAINER work ... to nest sections inside (within content area)

Simon

Container was never designed to be used as a shortcode, it has been removed from the shortocde list in the next build as it results in a fatal error on the page when its added anyway.

micstepl
On 19. Jänner 2016 at 8:46 PM, Simon said:

Container was never designed to be used as a shortcode, it has been removed from the shortocde list in the next build as it results in a fatal error on the page when its added anyway.

Simon,

• why has it been in the list until now?
  • how does cloaning > to content work than
  • who to realize grids? this is the most important LACK!
    (please do not show me the CSS Hick-up workaround :
    )

shouldn´t you then at least introduce PL5-grids as a repalcement?

Simon

You can add as many containers as you like using the builder.

It was in the list because the list is built using all available sections, we didnt think to remove it.

What do you mean cloning to content?

micstepl
On 21. Jänner 2016 at 10:20 PM, Simon said:

You can add as many containers as you like using the builder.

It was in the list because the list is built using all available sections, we didnt think to remove it.

What do you mean cloning to content?

@Simon, adding Containers is only possible using PL5 in outside the loop. (I´d also like to bring this up to @Andrew)

I am talking about using "Containers" within the loop
((this does not work (the workaround to use "Container" within loop does not work)

• ..... also a workaround
    • to "cloan" sections from "outside the loop"  (Screenshot1)
    • to "inside of the "loop" does not work (Screenshot2)
    • (Screenshot3 = wished result ,,,, inside the loop)(screenshot form outside loop)
  • ..... also a work around
    • to use a "grid" within the "loop" is not part of PL5

Did I miss something?
Am I doing wrong useability?
What is your suggestion (except using external grid-core"?

• I honestly believe this (containers/grid) is a "MUST" in a responsive framework design - to be integraled into it´s "deep soul"

screenshot.png

screenshot 2.png

screenshot 3.png

• Similar Content

• Perry
      By Perry+
      Hello There, 
      I am working with Platform 5 and have run into an unnerving problem. I am trying to position my clients picture along the bottom of the container, so that it sits right on the bottom. After a good hour of googling and messing with the CSS I figured I would ask the question here. Below is my screenshot displaying my problem. I will need to do this frequently in the future. 
      My Problem Image
      Unlike in DMS, when I add a margin to an embed or image box it simply makes the container larger while keeping the padding, I cannot have any padding or any space whatsoever on the bottom of my clients image.  Is there a way to remove all padding from the container so I can have this work across screen sizes? If not is there anyway to position an element directly at the bottom of another element in Platform 5? This seems like a basic feature and was easily attainable within DMS. 
      I cannot create an image combining all these elements as it will not scale well on mobile and will make my clients logo unreadable and her face incredibly small. 

Thank you for any help,
      Perry
    • Samuel Costa - UDF
      By Samuel Costa - UDF+
      Hi. I made this site: www.arvoredacidadania.org.br. In the part Quem Somos and Serviços I used different configurations (1 container and 2 texts side by side; 2 containers: each one with text; or just two texts side by side).
      The problem is the height. I tried CSS, etc, but when i change the width, change the height also.
      Any ideas?
      This picture is the example how i need to do.
      I need both textboxs with the same height.
      Regards.

• micstepl
      By micstepl+
      the grid function is gone within post!
      all workarounds within PL5 are not possible!!!
      cloning of containers from outsinde > to inside a post/page content do not work container-work within post/page content does not work (same as used outside) DMS bootstrap grid has gone
    • outtareach
      By outtareach
      I see that dms has sections and for me Im trying to create a solid box around the main container div  one solid color background with another few divs on top with other colors.  How would this be done in pagelines?  Basically a backgroun
      d texture with the main div on top in another color.  With the sections everything is separated so how would I make something that is completely behind everything?  Like this image here