Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

arlomiller

Pagelines Future

arlomiller

We were sitting down to do some redesign of our DMS2-driven website, but seeing the news about Platform 5 raises several questions:

1.  What is the future of DMS?  Will it continue to be supported or not?

2.  Is there a migration path to Platform 5 or is it a manual process?

3.  Basically, we are wondering whether to put more effort into DMS2 or just wait until Platform 5 comes out?

Very interested in the opinion of the developers out there. 

richbenjamin

Having multiple DMS sites, we too are interested in this answer.  We started with the original pagelines, and got screwed when they killed it to go to DMS.  Now, there is nothing in the store but Pagelines 5 stuff.  Did we just get screwed again?  An announcement of End of Life for DMS would have been great.

We are concerned about spending time, money and effort into PL 5 without reassurances that this product line wont suddenly disappear like the previous two products.

Thanks for taking the time to address our concerns.

arlomiller

I've downloaded an installed Platform 5 on a demo site and it looks like it will be good, but i haven't yet dove deep into migration from DMS to pagelines.  Frankly, I'd love to identify a consultant/designer that would do the migration for us along with giving the site a facelift at the same time.  Perfect opportunity for it, but I'd rather not do it all myself.

Simon

PL5 is a plugin, it has to be used in conjunction with a theme, be it Divi, or any other theme.

Lets say the customer is sold on Divi, he wants it because he saw another site ( and 10,000 others ) and thought it looked nice, but now he wants a slider at the top of each post.

Can you do that in Divi? I dont know, but with Pl5 you can just add that slider to the top of that post and the job takes about 10s

All that was explained in the intro video as I recall.

macodesign

No answer on the first post yet????