Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ruthtoledoaltschuler

Platform 5 editor stopped opening on the side window

ruthtoledoaltschuler

For a few days I have been testing Platform 5 and have run across some frustrating and repeating problems, so I desperately need your help.

I have been trying to use it with Divi, but even deleting Divi and using it with your Framework theme, after some time I have not been able to open the editor in Safari or Chrome.

At first this happened only in some of the pages, then it turned to a sitewide problem. So now I am unable to edit using Platform 5.

I tried deleting the plugin and all themes. Went back to only the Wordpress 2015 theme and everything was fine. Then I installed the Pagelines platform 5 plugin and all themes again and the same problems showed up in identical ways.

Is there a file I need to clear via FTP to refresh everything and start over?

Thank you for your help.

Simon

Sounds like a javascript error.

Open the chrome dev console when you go to enable pl5 and see if there are any errors printed there.

ruthtoledoaltschuler

I have posted the error messages below:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'plugins' of undefined(anonymous function) @ jquery.flot.retina.js:3j @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery…:2k.add @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery…:2m.fn.ready @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery…:2(anonymous function) @ jquery.flot.retina.js:3(anonymous function) @ jquery.flot.retina.js:3
jquery.flot.selection.js:40 

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'plugins' of undefined(anonymous function) @ jquery.flot.selection.js:40(anonymous function) @ jquery.flot.selection.js:40

ruthtoledoaltschuler

Simon,

Yes, you are right.

Here is what shows up in the console:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'plugins' of undefined(anonymous function) @ jquery.flot.retina.js:3j @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery…:2k.add @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery…:2m.fn.ready @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery…:2(anonymous function) @ jquery.flot.retina.js:3(anonymous function) @ jquery.flot.retina.js:3

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'plugins' of undefined(anonymous function) @ jquery.flot.selection.js:40(anonymous function) @ jquery.flot.selection.js:40

Simon

I dont know what that flot library is for, im afraid you will have to disable plugins until you find the offender

ruthtoledoaltschuler

Just Deactivated several plugins and it finally appeared again.

The last one that did it, I think, was the Divi Builder. But I am still going to check again.

Thank you, Simon.