Sign in to follow this  
daniel_ursinus

Question Navagation

daniel_ursinus

I am a little bit stucked to build my own navigation. My startingpage is or has a post page template, how can I change this. I don't see this page in the backup :-( Thanks! Daniel

ericmyers

What theme are you using? Also whats your website link?

daniel_ursinus

I am using the platform pro theme and my wesite is www.online-geld-machen.net

catrina

What would you prefer the starting page to be if you don't want it to be a posts page? Do you want it to be a static page?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

ericmyers

Daniel, You can enable a static page in Settings >> Reading

daniel_ursinus

oh great this could be it, i try it out later. Thank you for your answer!

daniel_ursinus

Thank you this works! I am sorry but I have another question. I am not so familiar with firebug and the CSS styles. I want to have a smaller space between my header and the featurebox. How can I do this?

daniel_ursinus

or between my navigation and my logo now...

bryan-hadaway

That's excellent you're using Firebug. Okay, basically just use negative margins. For example, say you want to make the feature closer to the nav; `#feature{margin-top:-10px}` Thanks, Bryan

daniel_ursinus

Yes Firebug is great but very complicated for me. If I want to change the space between my logo and the navigation I have to put: #primary-nav{margin-top:-10px} or #branding {margin-top:-10px} Right?

cmunns

Between the logo and navigation? You would use `#branding .content-pad {padding-bottom:5px;)` ( started at 25px )

daniel_ursinus

Thanks, that's it! I'm sorry to bother but between my Logo and the top which code I have to use here? I tried #branding .content-pad {padding-top:5px;) but this is not really working to cut the space above...

daniel_ursinus

ah I think i got it now. Too stupid of me. I deleted the CSS Tag, didn't know that it this has to stay in the box... Now with both Tags it works... :)

holly

Thanks for the feed #feature{margin-top:-10px} worked for me but now i'm trying to find for the rest of the page : http://www.publi-flash.fr/ I tried from feache to mcolumn : #mcolumn-pad{margin-top:-3px} without sucess and i would like to do also for (i admit i havent tried yet) - mcolumn-pad to carosel - carosel to footer A few extra questions just in case : - how to get rid of the black line at the top of the page - how to get rid of the 2nd footer space at the bottom of page