Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kkrafts

Warning: creating default object from empty value in /home/.....php on line 163

kkrafts

My host upgraded me to php 5.6, and I got all these warning messages at the top of every screen. The full line reads: "Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/pathstudent/pathologystudent.com/wp-content/themes/platformprocore/library/class.layout.php on line 163. There are a bunch of other lines below this, ending in 166, 169, 172, 175, 177, 179, 201, 205, 213, 214, 216, 320, 320, 320, 320.

I know that I need to upgrade to a later version of PlatformPro (I'm using 1.2.1)...but I have an important review of the website coming up, and I am wondering if there is a way to remove the warnings for now, just until i can get the time to do the upgrade. I have a feeling upgrading is going to mess everything up - so I will need to do it at a time when I have the time to mess with it - right now, no time.

I saw links to articles that were posted in response to this question by others - but those links all go to 404 sites.

It seems they described a way to remove something from the php.ini file? Does that make sense? I don't even know what that is (total novice here, if you couldn't tell). Please, anyone who has a decent fix for this, help!

Website is www.pathologystudent.com. I am going to revert to php 5.3 for now, so if you pull up the website later it will probably look normal again.

Kristine