balfred1345

EL Sue's Accordion "Set To Show" No longer works

balfred1345

Hi, 

I'm using El Sue's Accordion plugin  V1.7.4 in DMS2 using WP 4.4.1.

I've created a set "Jobs2", and selected three accordions for the set. Here's a screen shot: http://screencast.com/t/MXYR9p1QoEAo

The "accordion set to show" selection box no longer works, and all accordions I've made are showing instead of the set "Jobs2"  You can see this here: http://whub34.webhostinghub.com/~videoh6/cidev2.com/jobs-at-piepho/

I've deactivated all plugins to see if there was a conflict, and there does not seem to be one, as the accordion selector problem persists even with plugins off. 

Can you please tell me how to fix this so the "accordion set to show" selector works again?

Thanks,

Bruce

Edited by balfred1345 (see edit history)

Simon

Redownload the plugin, I updated it a couple of days ago with a fix. Not sure if its related but its worth trying.

balfred1345

Thanks for the reply, Simon.

I downloaded the plugin, but before I upload, can you tell me how I can preserve the content that I have in the old plugin? I have quite a few accordions across the site, and would rather not lose the content in those accordions if at all possible.

Thanks very much!

Best,

Bruce

balfred1345

Simon, 

I went ahead and uploaded your update of El Sue's Accordions. I uploaded it to the plugins folder, activated it in WP, reloaded my pages, but it did not work: accordions did not load in the dashboard sidebar, and my existing accordions did not show up. Can you confirm that your version is working on WP 4.4.1?

Here's a screenshot that shows you accordions 1.7.5 is active, but as you'll see, it is not in the dashboard sidebar: http://screencast.com/t/ZOrcHeFXIt

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Bruce

Simon

How have you got 2 installed like that? You should have just overwritten the files

balfred1345

Simon, 

Thanks for the info. Didn't know re overwriting! I overwrote the files as you instructed, and it is now working perfectly. Fixed the problem of the "accordion set to show" selector not selecting, so all the right accordions are now showing up.

Thanks very much for your help with this!

Best,

Bruce

flourishdesignstudio

Hi Simon,

Can you please explain the proper way to replace the old plugin with the new so that I don't overwrite any of my actual accordions? I have over 100 and really need ot make sure that they don't get deleted when I install the new plugin.

is it as simple and deactivate and delete the exisitng one and then install the new one?

Thanks so much!

Simon

Yes .. data is stored in the database.

flourishdesignstudio

Okay, thanks so much. I just wanted to check before I moved forward.

I installed the update and everything is functioning properly now. Any idea why it started to do that? Or why it didn't show there being an update for Accordions in Wordpress plugin updates?

Thanks again!

Skip

What is wrong with the support forum?  :mad:

There are no answers posted to any of these questions.

I have the same problem with the plugin and need this fixed immediately.

I read segments here on this and the entire thread of support for the questions are not there.

Where is the link to re-download? 

Where is the link for the way to preserve the numerous accordions we have?

Where is the information on the update?

Please fix the support forum so we may read the threads of the post where answers are posted.

Thank you!

Simon

Skip I have replied to all the accordion posts

i am not going to post a link to the zip in a public forum

if you purchased it then it will be in your members area if not open a support ticket with your order number and I'll sort it

the one line of code fixed is in another accordion post

simple fix

sheilahoff

Simon, I just started a new thread with Accordion issues. I don't know if the fixed discussed here in January will help my issue or not. But you say above if you purchased it the fix will be in account. I beta tested this plugin and Ellen gave it to me in thanks. However that means I didn't pay for it and therefore do not have access to any fixes! I have v 1.7.5 installed. I hope you'll pop over to my new post and try to assist at https://forum.pagelines.com/topic/40758-accordion-issues/

thanks.

Sheila

Sheila Hoffman | Hoffman Graphics | Seattle