Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GabrielHeffes

Everything can happen when I hit refresh

GabrielHeffes

Hi there,

I don't know if its the last update but it's been a couple of days that your theme is runining my website

I tried to add a column and when I hit refresh, it erased half of my page, like an hour of work gone in 1 sec. and I cant rebuild it, everytime I try to add or do something, something else gets messed up or it throwrs things out of place, its a gong show, I can't work like that

My site is a mess right now and I can not change anything!

HELP!!!!

Thanks

Simon

Please post a URL to your site, or tell us what product/version you are using.

GabrielHeffes

Hi Simon,

This is the website - http://albertahomeservices.com/

I am using the lates version 2.2.2.1.1 or something like that

And as of now, I can't add / edit nothing, eveytime I make a move, chunks of content dissapear etc. its a nightmare, these 'incidents' have happened before in a smaller scale, but I never had this happened like that ( I am a 3 year user).

I disbaled my chache plugin  but it hasn;t done anything for it, 

Simon

The last several updates to DMS2 have all been rather trivial. Nothing that would cause any issues like you describe.

Is it something you can reproduce?

You have a lot of javascript running on those pages, have you tried turning off some plugins to see if the issue persists?

GabrielHeffes

I installed a testimonials plugin. But it didn't do anything. 

Then I changed the content location of one of the testimonials ( using short code on a PL box, so just moving HTML ) and it started slowly going crazy. I did deactivate it already ( the plugin ) and I deactivated the Zen cache plugin ( which has never caused an issue ) just in case ...

what else can I do ( besides pray to god for mercy? lol ) ??

Simon

Well Im guessing the testimonial plugins javascript reacted with the DMS builder javascript... were any console errors produced in chrome dev tools?

Ive not heard of zen cache.. but i assume it has a setting to bypass for logged in users, or admins right?

GabrielHeffes

Ok but now it's disabled, everything is ( the testimonial plugin, the cache plugin ) and I still can't do anything. I try to add a text box to the section that was erased by DMS and it doesn't do anything! it just gives me back the url with # at the end.

The Zen cache plugin has been active on the site for 2 years, so it can't be it, 

So, what do I do now? do I switch themes? and then swithc back?

I donlt know how to check for console errors ....

The footer is messed up too, I can't move an inch there ... omg, what a mess ... so much work down the trash

nandorj78

Are you using DMS with PL5 at the same time? I have reported something similar to this when using both together.