Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nandorj78

Request: Magazine side bar

nandorj78

I'd like that the size of the sidebar in Magazine could be adjustable. Is it possible?

chrisayers

Open pl-section-magazine.php   Change line 377 to <div class="mag-post-grid pl-col-sm-8 pl-col-lg-9">  and line 481 to  <div class="mag-sidebar pl-col-sm-4 pl-col-lg-3">  to make it 8/4 col rather than 9/3.  save changes to a child theme or know how to edit this fast every new update.

nandorj78
4 hours ago, chrisayers said:

Open pl-section-magazine.php   Change line 377 to <div class="mag-post-grid pl-col-sm-8 pl-col-lg-9">  and line 481 to  <div class="mag-sidebar pl-col-sm-4 pl-col-lg-3">  to make it 8/4 col rather than 9/3.  save changes to a child theme or know how to edit this fast every new update.

Now that you said, I can do that. But it is not intuitive. I think iPL 5 all about being user friendly, right?

chrisayers

The designers felt that this was the way they wanted Magazine to look. If I download any of the other 5 million WP plug ins such as Woo and I want to change the size of a col I do it this way as well. 

Andrew

no an unreasonable request... however, i recommend just keeping it the way it comes since it has a nice mobile response, etc.. 

• Similar Content

• burkemedia
      By burkemedia+
      Oddly, this is only happening on ONE website/WordPress installation. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Impluse as well as Pagelines 5, I've tried getting rid of my custom CSS/LESS with the LESS extension ... still not working.

Basically, when I try to use Impulse it looks and functions wonderfully... UNTIL I refresh the page or view it logged out in another window... then it only shows a navigation menu.
      Screenshot below.

Any idea as to what's wrong?
    • jagipson
      By jagipson+
      Installed the Magazine Plugin for Pagelines 5 and found out that the title isn't showing up when you click on NO IMAGE for the post. It will show up on all the other options besides NO IMAGE. Let me know how to fix this.
      Thanks
      Example Link: http://recruiters.staging.recruiterswebsites.com/2017/02/test/

• globalnative
      By globalnative+
      Hi there! 
      I'm wondering if I can and how I can easily make a one page scrolling parallax site with menus which scroll rather than take me to a new page?
      Something like this: http://demo.vellumwp.com/home-pages/one-page-resort/.
      Thank you kindly
      Nate
      PS: my site: http://natemaingard.com
    • mrhinsh
      By mrhinsh+
      Guys,
       When I add a Magazine layout it only shows text based comments and does not render my configured Disqus plugin.
      Can we add the same "comment panel" support to Magazine as "content" uses or am I missing something?
      -MrHinsh
    • fabienfons
      By fabienfons+

I use the Plug in Yet Another Related Posts Plugin, it appears at the bottom of the Magazines Posts.
      The problem is that Font are too much Big. I don't want to reduce the font size of magazine, only the Font size of Posts generated by the plug in.
      I don't have this issue with the wordpress content, only with magazine...
      An idea ?