Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jasonganza

DMS1 Pro - 504 Gateway Time-out error

jasonganza

I use the original DMS1 Pro.

I am trying to log in through my Wordpress Admin, and it is loading extremely slow and stalling. I'm getting a 504 Gateway Time-out error.

This has been happening for several days and I cannot edit my website.

The front end of the website is fine, it's only a problem trying to log in.

Any ideas?

I notice that the www.pagelines.com website looks pretty blank so im just wondering if there is some link to my issue.

Thank you very much.

Simon

That sort of error is nothing to do with WordPress, a plugin or the theme you have installed. You hosts webserver is timing out waiting for whatever reverse proxy it is using.

jasonganza

Hi Simon,

My host has told me to rename all my plugins one by one and that has not worked. It has only disabled some important plugins that I cannot reactivate because my dashboard is not working.

They have now suggested I rename my theme. I have the original DMS1 Pro. I am hesitant to rename my theme incase something goes wrong and I damage my website. I don't even have access to creating a backup via Pagelines first.

This website is my day to day business so i'm panicking.

Any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks.

Jason

jasonganza

Further to the above, I have just logged into the dashboard and managed to preview my website in another theme (Twenty Fourteen). The dashboard works as normal in that preview theme.

So I now suspect that DMS is actually the cause of my problem.

Is there anything you can suggest?

jasonganza

Furthermore, I have managed to get into manage my DMS theme and the Pagelines Store is completely empty.

Is there a connection problem with DMS1 since you released Platform5 perhaps?

jasonganza

Simon,

I have upgraded from DMS 1.0.3 to 1.1.2 and it started working, so it was a theme problem after-all.

The problem is, I have lost all my templates, and even the json backup files i have don't load the templates I saved (only global settings).

I am very worried as my website rates top 3 on Google and now I have no content - 2 years of work!

Also I don't know how to reactivate my Pro account.

Can you please advise urgently.

Jason

jasonganza

Simon,

I have redone my website using what content I had. I've decided to put all my content into Wordpress Pages and stick to one generic DMS Template incase something goes wrong again.

I understand these things can happen with outdated software.

However there is one thing I do need help with: Re-activiating my Pro account, so that the Pagelines icon disappears from my website.

In the DMS Editor it tells me to install the Pagelines Updater Plugin to upgrade to Pro edition where I assume I can just enter my license key.

INSTALL THE PAGELINES UPDATER PLUGIN to upgrade to the Pro edition and get updates direct from PageLines.  LEARN MORE ABOUT PRO

However the plugin fails to install. There is a connection time-out, I guess because you no longer support it.

Installing Plugin: PageLines Updater 1.0.0

Downloading install package from http://www.pagelines.com/api/store/plugin-pagelines-updater.zip?c=1572351704

Download failed. Failed to connect to www.pagelines.com port 80: Connection timed out

Can you advise how I can activate my Pro account with DMS 1.1.2 ?

Thank you.

Jason

Simon

With DMS1 you out the key and email into the account area in the dms editor itself.

If you install the updater and do it, you will be upgraded to dms2

There is nothing wrong with that download link, go ahead and click it in the post, the file will download, maybe your server is using a firewall or something

jasonganza

There is no account area in my DMS 1.1.2.

I have now installed the Pagelines Updater plugin and the DMS Professional Tools plugin.

I entered my activation key successfully.

However, I still get this message in my DMS Editor:

Upgrade to Pro! (  You're currently using DMS basic. ) 
Activate this site with Pro for additional sections, effects, capabilities and support.  LEARN MORE  Already a Pro?  ACTIVATE SITE

Neither the 'Learn More' link or the 'Activate Site' link even work.

So I still have the Pagelines icon sitting on the bottom right of my screen.

It seems you are not supporting DMS anymore and you are not aware that it doesn't work properly. That's just the impression I get.

Obviously I will have to migrate to Platform 5 and remove DMS completely to get the support I am paying for. I am happy to do that eventually.

But all I need at this point in time is for my DMS Pro site to be activated. Can you please help me to do that?

Simon

Are you using the free version from Wordpress.org or did you download the zip and install manually from your member area?

if you want me to login and have a look open a billing support ticket by clicking support at top of the forum and provide login details and a URL 

jasonganza

I upgraded to 1.1.2 using the wordpress upgrade plugin option in the dashboard.

I then installed Pagelines Updater plugin and the DMS Professional Tools plugin, both from the Pagelines Store.

I have just sent a support request.

P.S. I am now getting the following error when trying to visit www.pagelines.com to get to the store:

Sucuri CloudProxy - Backend Server timeout