Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gavin_

Loops - Feedback

Gavin_

When selecting taxonomy after saving the selector always defaults to select. Posts displayed are correct.

The Image thumb on single post has an unnecessary link.
The post title is an unnecessary link on single post.

The padding is excessive and maybe not needed. 

.pl-sn-pad {
    padding: 2rem;

.half-space > [class*='pl-col-'] {
    padding-right: 0.5em;
    padding-left: 0.5em;
}

Ron

I ran into a problem trying to use the Loop section as Gavin described above but in my case it does not show the posts correctly after saving changes if I then refresh or if I go to view the page in a different browser.  Here's more info about this.

I' put a loop on my homepage and wanted to have only certain posts in it so I created a post category for those. I can choose that category in the Select Taxonomy Term field and then Save Changes. If I then go to Show in Builder or go to edit any other section and then come back to the Loop to edit it, the Select Taxonomy Term field is showing "Select" instead of the chosen category but the posts are still showing correctly. However, if I refresh my browser or go to view that page in a different browser after having saved the changes, then the loop no longer is just showing the posts in the category I selected but rather is just showing my one 'uncategorized' post. I tried using a tag in the posts rather than using a category and the same thing happened.

I already tried deactivating any plugins that were not PL5 extensions but this still happened after I did that.

When I posted this in the FB group, Gavin and Chris Ayers both commented that they ran into this same issue and Chris wrote:

" Yep this started for me an update or two ago. It happened about the time we added default query. I had to stop using loops and use Magazine on my sites till they figured it out. It sucks cause I had that Smoky Mountain site ready to bill. I had 15 different loops made now they all show the same thing. "

Ron

Any updates on this?  I received a notification that this was fixed in an update several days ago.  I updated the plugin and now it will save the Select Taxonomy Term in the Page Editor for a loop (so that part is fixed), however, the posts that show in the loop don't match what was saved in Taxonomy Terms.  It still only shows the 1 uncategorized post I have rather than the 3 categorized ones which should show based on the Taxonomy Term selected.  You can see this on soldbyron.com where the Loops section only shows the "Homes for sale in Glendale..." post which is the initial, uncategorized post.

Thanks!

chrisayers
On 12/21/2015 at 8:37 AM, Ron said:

I ran into a problem trying to use the Loop section as Gavin described above but in my case it does not show the posts correctly after saving changes if I then refresh or if I go to view the page in a different browser.  Here's more info about this.

I' put a loop on my homepage and wanted to have only certain posts in it so I created a post category for those. I can choose that category in the Select Taxonomy Term field and then Save Changes. If I then go to Show in Builder or go to edit any other section and then come back to the Loop to edit it, the Select Taxonomy Term field is showing "Select" instead of the chosen category but the posts are still showing correctly. However, if I refresh my browser or go to view that page in a different browser after having saved the changes, then the loop no longer is just showing the posts in the category I selected but rather is just showing my one 'uncategorized' post. I tried using a tag in the posts rather than using a category and the same thing happened.

I already tried deactivating any plugins that were not PL5 extensions but this still happened after I did that.

When I posted this in the FB group, Gavin and Chris Ayers both commented that they ran into this same issue and Chris wrote:

" Yep this started for me an update or two ago. It happened about the time we added default query. I had to stop using loops and use Magazine on my sites till they figured it out. It sucks cause I had that Smoky Mountain site ready to bill. I had 15 different loops made now they all show the same thing. "

Still same issues for me. I am still at "pause" on doing anything new with Loops.

Simon

I will have a look at this tomorrow 

Simon

Tried to reproduce this 'select' issue.

Please take a look at this screencast and let me know if you are doing something different?

http://quick.as/kgqotowyj 

Ron
Hi Simon,

That is what I'm doing.  Only difference is that when I refresh after saving changes it doesn't show the correct posts.  I did a screencast to show this to you.  (The ClickAnimate plugin that animates my name/site name/homepage name - I tried deactivating it and found the problem still occurred.  I knew that a non PL plugin could be an issue and wanted to eliminate that before even posting in the forum topic).

Screencast video accessible here (hope you have a widescreen monitor since I recorded it on one - if too wide for you to see easily, let me know and I'll re-record):

Thanks,
Ron

Simon

What versions of pl-platform/framework are you using?

Can you provide a URL for us?

Ron

Sure.  PL 5 version 5.0.82, Framework 5.0.64, URL - soldbyron.com

Simon

OK, can you try updating to the latest versions.. if that does not fix it can you open a support ticket and provide login info so we can test on site.

Ron

Updates didn't work.  Trying to submit a support request through forum but only department option that it gives me is Billing.  Could not find any other place to submit a support request but if there is one, please let me know.

I'll submit the support request through the forum to Billing and hopefully it will get to the tech support area.

Thanks!

Simon

Yes just submit to billing for now.

Jason Weber

Here's what I'm experiencing, referenced in the fb group. Screencast attached.

I'm having no success with the Loops section. In the page editor I see the proper posts after selecting my query and display options, but once saved and reloaded it always defaults to just showing the current page content. The other content sections (Magazine, Masonic, Flipper) work as expected. This is on WP 4.4, Platform 5.0.89, Loops 5.0.13 with no non-PL plugins active. Known issue or user error?

wp-loops-sc.m4v

Simon

OK, can you open a support ticket ^^ top of forum..

Please include an admin login for me. If you could create a phpinfo page and provide a link that would be great..

For thread readers, Rons issue was a caching plugin.

palmer108

Yes. This is exactly what I'm experiencing with loops as well.

Barnaby Skinner

Same here; I setup loops inside a container to display all posts, reload the page and it defaults back to showing a single box with the name of the page!?

Interestingly, as I set it up and select POSTS, it does pull in all posts, it's only when I refresh the page that it defaults back.

Must say I really need this for a client site, is there any progress on a fix?

Cheers!

Edit: I'll open a support ticket as well...

Barnaby Skinner

Fixed the problem!  Not sure if it's a bug, or just me (probably the latter), but FWIW I ticked the 'Use default query object? ' in Loops (the box defaults unticked when you load a fresh Loops section), saved the page, then unticked it and saved again. Now it appears to be working as expected :) 

I do have to do this every time I drop in a new Loops section, however, but at least it's a work-around to get things moving...