Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rob Thomas

Setting Opacity For MegaNav

Rob Thomas

One of the things I used to do on my old DMS sites was set the opacity of the menu. So, for example, I would run a script to make the opacity of the menu at .80%. I think it was something like: 

.pl-fixed-top {
  opacity:0.8
;
}

I want to do this with the MegaNav section: Unique Section ID: meganav_u1e818w

How do I set the opacity for this section in PL 5? 

And will we have this functionality with the background video in SplashUp (this was a nice thing to have in the old Video PlugIn).

I apologize because I should be able to answer my own question. I used to target specific sections in PL, but that was a hot minute ago and my job eats my brain. I can't freaking remember how I did it. 

nandorj78

You have to go to meganav background settings and insert rgba(0,0,0,0.4) as color background. 

Rob Thomas

not sure if that is the solution I am looking for. will check back when I am home tonight and test it out

Rob Thomas

This seems like a more complicated way to accomplish what I want. All I want to do is make the background that I have, including any images, transparent to a degree that I set, .8, .6, .4. depending on my needs. The old way seemed much simpler. You just globally target that area of the page: 

.pl-fixed-top {opacity:0.8;}

also, I told you guys I was dense ... I noticed that without any color in the background in the MegaNav section, it defaults to total transparence (nicely done, PL, nicely done). 

What I want to do is take a white backgound and make it 0.8 transparent as the old script used to, I must be missing something simple here ...  so, in DMS, using the above old pl-fixed top script, I get this effect on this website: http://thoughtandimage.org/

How do I do the same with MegaNav in PL5? 

I apologize I really am burned out from my job, It seems an RGBA script might sort of work for what I want to do, but is not what I am really after just to target that section? Isn't there a much simpler way for me to just target the section as a whole without fucking with the background color? 

Aires

Hi, 

Did you try adding a class to the meganav 

.custom-class{

opacity: .7;

}

or 

.meganav-id{

opacity: .7;

}

the class would be better if you plan to use it multiple times

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

Aires

After looking at your site I dont think you will get the same effect.

Looks like you made the menu transparent and left the fixed-top-pusher white to make the effect.

But I dont see a fix-top-pusher in PL5. 

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

Rob Thomas

@Aires Correct. It was a neat little trick in DMS. 

• Similar Content

• petere21
      By petere21+
      After activate new web site
      I had several licences for use but system show me that I have no licence 
    • glyph.marketing
      By glyph.marketing+
      Hello, I am having a problem similar to that experienced by Michael Kummer here. We have pages that show this automatic scrolling issue (examples here and here) and it is sufficiently annoying that we have seen customers bounce while trying to convert. Strangely, it only happens at specific resolutions, so it can be difficult to reproduce. In general we can only consistently reproduce it on a 4k resolution with a browser width between 1517 and 1536px. 
      Thanks to Michael Kummer's help we were able to set the overflow-anchor property to none in the entire body, which fixed the issue as far as we can tell, but also obviously disabled scroll anchoring for the whole site. I tried applying it to the specific element that looked like it was being reloaded, which was the PL Meganav extension, but that was unsuccessful. 
      Can anyone help us figure out which element or ID we can apply this property to, so that we can fix the scrolling issue but not disable scroll anchoring for the entire site?
      Thank you - 
      Glyph Language Services
    • petere21
      By petere21+
      When i see wp content,i have no margin from left and right side means bordee on tablet view
      mobile margin around wpcontent is fine dtp also ok it looks like spread enough  on tablet - ipad - there is no margin and text from left side and widgets from tight side content sticking border of monitor how could i fix margin for example 5px for tablet view? But without changing the mobile margin 
      Sample https://www.restartnisa.sk/poloniny-po-zemplinsky/
      thanks 
      petere
    • petere21
      By petere21+
      Does pagelines support AMP technology for mobiles?

• petere21
      By petere21+
      How to control spaces between images ?
      I can control section  padding from left and right side but not between  images.
      Could someone help me?