Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sheilahoff

WP Debug errors

sheilahoff

I just realized that this site isn't coming up AND i can't log into it! The domain is not expired. I used FTP and enabled debug to see what was going on. I've pasted in the error code below. The site is http://solsara.net.

I can't even do view source. I'm pretty sure this is a DMS 1 site. It was OK a few days ago. Please give me some idea what to disable to  get back into this and how to try to fix it! THANKS.

Notice: Undefined index: w8e0683 in /home/solsara/public_html/wp-includes/nav-menu.php on line 1

Notice: add_shortcode was called incorrectly. Invalid shortcode name: Empty name given. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 4.4.0.) in /home/solsara/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3787

Notice: Undefined index: pafc475 in /home/solsara/public_html/wp-content/themes/dms-template-theme/functions.php on line 1

Warning: require_once(/home/solsara/public_html/wp-content/themes/dms/includes/deprecated.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/solsara/public_html/wp-content/themes/dms/includes/init.php on line 21

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/solsara/public_html/wp-content/themes/dms/includes/deprecated.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/solsara/php') in /home/solsara/public_html/wp-content/themes/dms/includes/init.php on line 21

Sheila Hoffman | Hoffman Graphics | Seattle

sheilahoff

UPDATE: I reinstalled WP but that didn't fix it. Someone pointed me to the two bad files and I uploaded copies from another DMS1 site: wp-content/themes/dms/includes/deprecated.php and wp-content/themes/dms/includes/init.php.

That fixed it. Interestingly the old file had been renamed like this deprecated.php.suspected back in August. So it was functioning w/o the file. I have no idea what or why it was suspected. Scary.

Simon

Suspected by what?

Just for your info..

wp-includes/nav-menu.php would never have a variable called 'w8e0683'

You WP install was probably hacked a long time ago and code injected into all the PHP files.

sheilahoff

Thanks Simon. When I got back the site was white again. So I added back the same two files and then ran a malware scan. Indeed there were about 8 files infected. I've removed one plugin and the 2014 WP theme and several php files. The only one that had impact was header.php which I restored from another DMS site. I re-ran the scan and we seem to be clean now. Time will tell if I'm done with this.