Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

claudedagenais

[Solved] DMS2 & WPML

claudedagenais

Hello, we have this strange new problem with DMS2 when used with WPML. We can save our change to the section only in the main language. When trying to edit DMS sections in the other languages DMS won't let us save. The work around is to change the main language in WPML to the language you want to change and switch back afterward to the language you really want to be the main one.

This is a new problem that did not exist before a few days ago. We are unsure if it is linked to the Wordpress 4.4 update, the WPML 3.3.3 Update or the DMS 2.2.1.1 update (!) that we did recently. We tried unsuccessfully deactivating everything (except WPML of course) including our child theme in a test environment. We can't turn off the DMS editor either from the other language pages. Some of the websites we are having this problem with are  http://www.artssutton.com/ , http://journalletour.com/, ...

Tx

Simon

Dont suppose you made any backups prior to updates did you?

claudedagenais

In fact we probably and we have global server backup. We can function normally but I think you should know. 

Simon

Well if you can roll back to before you updated all 3 things, then you can update 1 at a time and see where the issue is.

2.2 to 2.2.1/.1 are very minor changes .. nothing settings related in there.

claudedagenais
2 minutes ago, Simon said:

Well if you can roll back to before you updated all 3 things, then you can update 1 at a time and see where the issue is.

2.2 to 2.2.1/.1 are very minor changes .. nothing settings related in there.

This will be time consuming but I'll try to reproduce the upgrade sequence in a local server to see what upgrade causes this in the next days. But anyhow I do think it will need to be addressed. It is a solid problem across all our WPML driven websites. 

Simon
1 minute ago, claudedagenais said:

It is a solid problem across all our WPML driven websites. 

I can understand that, but you are not sure what is causing the issue yet, could be a WP bug, could be a WPML bug, could be DMS.

What version of DMS did you update from/to? I can then look at the diffs to see what changes were made.

claudedagenais

As soon as I'm back at my desk next Tuesday I'll try to get answers, maybe even better I may have some sites that we're not updated still...

Thank Simon have a great weekend. 

Simon

If you have a site that is not updated then please try the following..

Make a FULL backup..

Update DMS.. see if problem persists...

Update WordPress, same as above..

Update WPML .. same as above...

So the issue should have manifested at one of those steps, so roll back using your backup then repeat the steps changing the order ... WP, WPML, DMS...

claudedagenais

Hi Simon,

Just a quick update to let you know I do have one site currently under development that fit the specs and that I have a clean backup to run the test. It will be done tomorrow.

Claude

claudedagenais

Hello Simon,

This morning before going into the sequence that you suggested, on my main live site that causing the problem I was prompted to upgrade WPML to 3.3.4 (they call it 3.3.5 for some reason) from 3.3.3 and the problem is gone now. So I guess it is Christmas this morning ! So thank you. If you are interested to know what they did: https://wpml.org/2015/12/wpml-3-3-5-improves-stability-performance-and-integration/ 

You can go ahead and close this topic.  

Simon

This topic has been marked as solved.

• Similar Content

• jaithai
      By jaithai+
      Unable to attach an image that's already been uploaded.
      When attempting to upload one from scratch, it gives me the error seen in the screenshot. As you can see by the Chrome Inspector, I receive a 400 error.

• stijnxo
      By stijnxo+
      Ik like to use the following Plug-in in my DMS Theme, but can' get it to work. My DMS Editor is not loading anymore if I paste this short code in a page, textbox or mediabox: [wpdatatable id=1]
      Plug-in: WPDataTables Plug-in 
      Shortcode:  [wpdatatable id=1]

Anyone experience with this plug-in and DMS.
    • foxwatson
      By foxwatson+
      I recently downloaded the latest DMS2 update. Since the download, I lost front end ability to update. Any suggestions would be appreciated.  
    • Justin Taylor
      By Justin Taylor
      I originally purchased, I believe, a 3 site licence for DMS2. The new account interface does not reveal any of this information.
      How do I know how many licences I am entitled to? How do I reset one for a new website? All it says now is that I don't have any Pro licences?
    • JP
      By JP+
      Hello,
      We are working on a 2 languages site (https://liguecardioliga.be) with wpml, and lately the call of a category in the loops section (and all the sections requiring a category to select posts) doesn't work in the translated language. It worked well until recently so I wonder if it's because of a recent update (wordpress, wpml, pagelines, a plugin?). Anyone has the same problem? a solution?
      TIA