jinfinite8

[Solved] Where is Platform 5 data stored in database?

jinfinite8

Hi, I'm a long time PageLines and DMS user. Trying out Platform 5 now.

Does Platform 5 store data like DMS 2 as serialized data, or does it store data in a regular WordPress mysql table?

Thanks very much.

~ julian

Simon

It stores data in various places, and all WordPress arrays and objects are always serialized.

jinfinite8

Hi Simon,

I'm hoping to be able to work with the support team at WP Stagecoach and VersionPress to see if I can get Platform 5 to work with their WordPress version control tools. DMS 2 and other 'page builder' tools have never worked well (or at all) with these tools. I understand it's quite complex to do, so please understand that I'm not issuing a judgment or criticism of PageLines, I'm just trying to get information.

Since platform 5 is a new architecture, I was hoping it might use a different way of storing data that would work with these tools. 

Is there any way I could get more detailed information about where the data is stored so I can provide that to them?

Thank you Simon, have a good day.

~ julian

Simon

ok well you have the following then..

• pl_data_maps (JSON)
    This is where PL5 stores the maps data for sections.
  • pl_data_sections (JSON)
    This is where individual sections store their settings
  • theme_mods_{themename} (serialized)
    As well as normal WP theme options PL5 stores the section paths here. PL5 will autodetect if the ABSPATH has changed and rebuilds the data if need be.
  • Like 2

jinfinite8

Thanks very much Simon. I appreciate the info. Cheers

Elias

Thank you very much @jinfinite8 & @Simon!

Few hours ago, I was adding a short java script code into an embed section of my homepage. (The subscribe pop-up' code of Mailchimp).  After refreshing the frontend editor and all content somehow disappeared.  The developer tools console said it was a problem with jquery.  All other pages were working fine.

After thinking a while how to get that problem solved, I suddenly thought of the database value of that embed section.

The solution

1. Find the ID of the section
    • Right-click on any section
    • Click on "Inspect" (Developer tools opens)
    • Find the ID of the erroneous section (something like  <section ID="embed_uwyx62w" class="........." >).
  2. Make a backup of your database,
  3. Open MySQL 
  4. Find & click on pl_data_sections
  5. Find & open the section by ID
  6. Remove the code which is causing the trouble

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• DanatTLFN
      By DanatTLFN
      Site URL: http://thelocalfilmnetwork.com
      Host: GoDaddy
      Hi Pagelines team and community,

I am going to be attempting to do a full migration from GoDaddy to WPEngine. 
      I need to know, will I lose the front-end customisations I have made?
      Also are there any backups or things I need to do to ensure that I do not lose any important info relating to the site?
      Kind regards,
      Dan

• Bleuy
      By Bleuy+
      Hi All
      I have just migrated my theme from a perfectly functioning local version to my server and it looks corrupted.  I have followed the standard migration (Replace WP Content, Upload Database, Search & Replace URLs)
      Things I have tried to rectify the problem:-
      Changed Permalinks, deleted .htaccess file Deactivated Plugins Removed all custom CSS But It all still seems to have the same problem the url for the website is as follows: www.blueanchor-reigate.co.uk
    • dirk@beeldpunt.nl
      By dirk@beeldpunt.nl
      Hi,
      I've build a wordpress-site with DMS2. (krachtvanbeleving.beeldpunt.nl) The site has to be migrated to an other URL (krachtvanbeleving.nl). Doing a standard wordpress migration doesn't work. I've had technical people look at it and they tell me that it's a problem with hardcoded url's, They also tell me that Wordpresscore-files are changed. Does this mean I can't move the site?
       They also tell me that there might be a problem upgrading to a new Wordpress version. 
      Hope someone can help me out here. I'm not very technical and liked building the site in DMS2 but now I'm desperate.
      Dirk Annegarn
    • timtimhungerfordcom
      By timtimhungerfordcom+
      I need some help with a WP Engine Migration tool.  I manage http://xtremio.com/ with WP Engine and use there auto migration from a STAGING to LIVE and Migrating all Tables in the database.  For the last few months the site has been migrating perfectly.  But starting last week the site started dropping a single page.  Here are the notes please let me know if you have any ideas on why this is happening.  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kuyDXqqymiNoyToO8yDutXn3Mkx-hoBOBjffimjfYvo/edit?usp=sharing
    • Greg Ihnen
      By Greg Ihnen
      Our web host (WordPressEngine.com) recently had to move our site to a new server. After the move, we were getting error messages. The host's investigation revealed the following problem:
      "In this case, your site encountered issues after the migration because of how PageLines is configured. In the database, they have the full server path defined, which includes the server number. Since the installation was moved moved to a new server, the theme was essentially trying to pull data from the wrong server."
       This seems like something that would be an issue for anyone who is moving their site to another host, or upgrading their level of hosting which often involves the host moving the sites files to a different server. This seems like something that needs to be corrected.
       Is form-based support really the only kind of customer support that you give for technical questions? I hope someone sees this post.