Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

davestolte

[Solved] Moving site install from subfolder to root breaks CSS?

davestolte

I have a DMS2 site at http://damonsglendale.com - everything was working perfectly when we were developing the site in a subdirectory (/new)... moving the site out to the root. The programmer I'm working with stated: "I’ve migrated the site, but there’s a problem with DMS generating the wrong URLs for the CSS files ( or just not generating new CSS files ), so they are not getting loaded on the front end."

Please help, let me know what you need to diagnose the problem.

Simon

You only have to go to any page/post in wp-admin and click publish, or go to the wp-admin/pagelines area and click save, or on the frontend click publish, all of those buttons will invalidate any cached css data and regenerate the files.

davestolte

Thanks for the quick reply - I went to each page and clicked "Update" (they were already Published) and that didn't change anything unfortunately. Also went to WordPress Dashboard / PageLines and clicked "Save" under DMS Fallbacks to no avail.

Everything on the site appears correct when I'm logged in as an Admin, but when I log out or check from a different browser, it all goes bad again.

Simon

Maybe the uploads folder is no writable?

should be an uploads folder called 'pagelines'

davestolte

Permissions appear to be correct for that folder. If I provided credentials for FTP & the WordPress backend, could you possibly take a look please?

Screen Shot 2015-12-15 at 4.23.21 PM.png

Simon

Sure just private message me a username/password for wp-admin

Simon

OK under WP main settings you had the media uploads folder set to this:

/home/damonsglendale/public_html/new/wp-content/uploads

I reset it back to normal, now everything works fine, I suggest you charge him for an hour of your time ;)

davestolte

FANTASTIC!

Thanks so much.

Problem solved.

Simon

This topic has been marked as solved.