Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

suecockburn

Frozen Sections and Navi

suecockburn

I've been encountering problems on a few sites (for a few months now) when I go to edit an existing DMS site Section, and today the Navi image. These are existing sites built on DMS that I've needed to edit some minor piece, like the padding on a Canvas, or text in a text box, or an iBox, and today the text box and the logo image in the Navi navigation bar. It seems that when I first login and open a page to edit I'm able to make a change, but then if I try to edit another section the first section I edited remains frozen and I'm unable to choose or edit a different section without going out of that page, opening and editing or doing something else on the site, and then coming back to the page ... at this point I'm then able to choose a different section.

In the case of the Navi bar, the new image shows up in the visual editor initially but it doesn't take on the new site. And, if I refresh the page after publishing, the old image shows again in the Navi. 

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Simon

Please post a URL to the site.

suecockburn
On December 15, 2015 at 0:12 PM, suecockburn said:

I've been encountering problems on a few sites (for a few months now) when I go to edit an existing DMS site Section, and today the Navi image. These are existing sites built on DMS that I've needed to edit some minor piece, like the padding on a Canvas, or text in a text box, or an iBox, and today the text box and the logo image in the Navi navigation bar. It seems that when I first login and open a page to edit I'm able to make a change, but then if I try to edit another section the first section I edited remains frozen and I'm unable to choose or edit a different section without going out of that page, opening and editing or doing something else on the site, and then coming back to the page ... at this point I'm then able to choose a different section.

In the case of the Navi bar, the new image shows up in the visual editor initially but it doesn't take on the new site. And, if I refresh the page after publishing, the old image shows again in the Navi. 

Any assistance would be appreciated.

This was posted to the forum on December 15th and still no response (or so it seems). Can someone on the Pagelines team respond please? Thanks, Sue

Simon
3 hours ago, Simon said:

Please post a URL to the site.

It is likely you are using a very old version of DMS

Simon

And you are indeed using a very old version of DMS2, update it. WP changed the jQuery versions in WP 4.3 and later DMS2 revisions fixed the saving issues that it caused.

There have been 18 DMS2 updates since your installed version.

suecockburn

The site is regularly updated when a new DMS2 version is available through the dashboard. 

suecockburn

How is it that I wouldn't be notified through the WordPress dashboard when s new version of DMS2 is available for updating? 

Simon

You will not receive updates because you are running the theme in the wrong directory

http://scrapcarsnotkids.org/wp-content/themes/dms-2/style.css

should be

http://scrapcarsnotkids.org/wp-content/themes/dms/style.css

Do not just rename the theme folder, you will break wordpress and lose theme configurations like sidebars and menus.

My advice is to download the latest zip from your members area, extract the files, upload via FTP to your custom dms-2 folder and in future do not rename folders.

suecockburn

OK, I'm a bit confused. The original file I uploaded to the site came from my accounts PageLines downloads area. Are DMS2 and DMS not different products? 

Simon

DMS1 and DMS2 are 2 different versions..

the version you have installed is a very old version of DMS2 ( 2.1.4 ) latest is 2.2.1.1 The latest DMS1 version is 1.1.9
Notice the major version numbers are different.

• Similar Content

• yemoonyah
      By yemoonyah+
      Hi, even though I just got a SSL certificate, I can't get the green padlock to appear due to the following error:
      :A file with an insecure url of "http://yemoonyah.com/wp-content/plugins/pl-section-boxes/check.svg" was loaded via the javascript file: https://yemoonyah.com/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js?ver=1.12.4 on line 3. The insecure URL may not be directly contained in the script file and may exist elsewhere."
      I figured if I delete and re-install the plugin it might fix the problem but will my boxes on the website still be there? Or do I have to redesign everything all over again if I delete the plugin and then re-install it?
    • Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a few weeks ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• tuciudadenred
      By tuciudadenred+
      Hi everyone, what happens is that the web page metrosalarmas.com has a google tags which I have not attacked where I can look to remove those tags and be able to locate the correct ones.
    • Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a week ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• cstudio
      By cstudio
      Hello,
      I need some help!  I am trying to add a Square booking script.  When I add it to a embed section it crashes the page editor and I am unable to save the page version.  I have tried using different browsers with the same result.
       I can add the script on the backend in the word press content area and get it to show and work, but it look terrible.  A page with in a page.  http://www.zoeanastacia.com/booking/.
      I need help getting the page editor to work properly or to make the wp content section to not look like an 90's iframe.
      Thanks