Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Andrew

Mobilizer Extension

Andrew

Hey guys, 
I would like to get the development of a mobile helper extension on the books.

For that, i need to know what the largest and most important pain points are regarding mobile development in PL5. 

Just post here and i'll summarize...

oksodavid

here's one 'out-of-the-box' example: Boxes - Columns Per Box (12 Col Grid) = (3 of 12 Columns)
I have a stack of 12 boxes - great on desktop, but on mob bp is 768, so, for anything less I get a very long list of full width elements. To create a decent mobile experience I need to add custom media queries.

For a basic user to manage mobile experience they'd need something like this within the section control...

Setting Mode: Simple
Screen | No of Columns X

Desktop Large    X
Desktop Medium    X
Desktop Small    X
Tablet Landscape    X
Tablet    X
Mobile Landscape    X
Mobile    X

*this would allow them to set the number of columns displayed over a number of supported screens

Setting Mode: Advanced
Start min X    |    Breakpoint at X    |    No of Columns X

Desktop Large    0 | 1400 | 4 etc
Desktop Medium    X
Desktop Small    X
Tablet Landscape    X
Tablet    X
Mobile Landscape    X
Mobile    X

*this would allow them to set the actual breakpoint and the number of columns displayed over a number of supported screens

is this the kind of feedback you're looking for?

Andrew

sort of ... but that approach is simply too complicated to work in practice. At least at first glance.

oksodavid

the other thing that springs to mind is the collapse element order, especially when elements can be designed for desktop eg Heroes, text left / image right, image left / text right, but then have a alternative priority when viewed in mob eg in both cases above, the image could be set to stack top, text bottom and visa versa in full width

oksodavid

would be nice addition for users without additional media queries, preventing overwhelmingly large single grid & scrolling on tablet/portrait

mobfinesse.png

Audun MB

Make all images (including backgrounds) used by sections responsive in size.

oksodavid
On 2/5/2016 at 11:15 AM, oksodavid said:

would be nice addition for users without additional media queries, preventing overwhelmingly large single grid & scrolling on tablet/portrait

mobfinesse.png

@Andrew as you've added the option 'Columns On Mobile (12 Col Grid)', wouldn't it be more efficient to set this parameter between mob portrait and 768? That way, you'd create an easy option to drop down to 6/12 in between and leave mob portrait on 100% 12/12? yep, we can add custom, but for out-of-the-box, I wouldn't expect to display more cols than 100% 12/12 on mob portrait, if I'd set the 'cols on mob' to 6/12 with current options.