Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ulrich

DMS 2 not working on dev/test-environments

Ulrich

I work for a customer who's WordPress website uses the DMS 2 Theme for frontend editing.

He needs some content issues fixed, and since I've never worked with it before, I'd appreciate being able to test out a bit how the DMS 2 editor works, exactly. 

Now the problem is, both the DMS editor on the test environment (set on the same server as the live site, under a subdomain) and on a local copy of the system on my machine don't seem to work. 
When I'm logged in as the WP-admin and click on 'PageLines -> Edit Page With DMS' the frontend loads normally, but not the DMS-Editor.

The same thing does work on the live environment (although only on chrome, not on my firefox), but obviously I do not really want to click around and change content on the live environment.

I didn't find any, but is there some kind of configuration option in the WP-backend or an my account on pagelines where I have to enable the DMS-Editor for additional domains?

The only error I could find in the cases where the DMS doesn't react is in the javascript console: A failed GET request to "use.typekit.net/..." (It won't let me paste the whole URL as it sees it as an XSS attempt)

Does this failed GET cause the DMS Editor to crash? Am I missing something else? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks in Advance

Danny

HI,

The DMS Visual editor only supports Google Chrome. Therefore, you can not use DMS front-end editing with other browsers such as FireFox, Safari, Vivaldi etc... without changing the user agent setting.

So back to both sites and see if the issue persists, when you're logged in using Google Chrome.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Ulrich

Alright, that explains the Firefox issue ;)

But the main problem is still there in chrome - the DMS Frontend editor only loads in the live system, not in the test- or dev-environment. Is the licence somehow restricted to a domain?