Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

onespirit

Issues using HHVM with Platform 5

onespirit

Hi there,

I host my PL5 test site on a Siteground VPS server for speed and reliability.

One of the technologies they employ to serve WP sites faster is HHVM fast cgi.script.

I've had issues with a fresh site that only has PL5 installed for theme and PL5 plugins running.

It's been periodically buggy in preventing accessing the wp-admin/plugins.php or wp-admin/update-core.php.

When I deactivate the HHVM, those pages will load again for a time. Then they will give me 500 server error.

I've consulted with the hosting techs and since my other DMS 2 sites ( on the same Server) are not experiencing the same issue they think it's a plugin or theme issue.

Since Pagelines is the only stuff installed on this site I thought I should post here, since this technology is being adopted more and more WP specialty hosts which Pagelines recommends.

The front end seems to run fine however.

If you need further info or testing let me know I'm happy to help you make PL5 compatible with HHVM if I can.

Regards,

Joseph

Simon

All we need to know is what the 500 errors are, enable WP_DEBUG 

onespirit

No WP_DEBUG errors display only this:

56675fd66ddb6_ScreenShot2015-12-08at3.54

Console Errors :  Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (hphp_invoke)

Simon

Well the server would still log what the 500 error is.

check server logs.

did you enable WP_DEBUG in wp-config.php? The error should be printed to the browser.

The error your seeing there is just the browser showing a 'nice' 500 error. Not the actual error.

onespirit

Yes Enable WP_DEBUG. No errors printed.

Since PL5 recent update the issue has ceased. Fingers crossed. Will let you know :-)