This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yoast Breadcrumbs

I have been able to find almost all solutions from this forum until this day but now it's over I'm afraid.

I just can't find a solution, so I really hope anybody can help me.

I have installed Yoast SEO Plugin and want to implement Breadcrumbs just beneath my navigation bar (Ubermenu).

The only problem is that I really don't know which php I have to insert it in to and how to make it visible.

I have this code:

<?php if ( function_exists('yoast_breadcrumb') ) 
{yoast_breadcrumb('<p id="breadcrumbs">','</p>');} ?>

Furthermore I don't want it to show on the frontpage.

My webpage: http://iekspert.dk

Sincerely Dogan

HI Dogan,

First, have to say, really great job on the site, it looks fantastic. If you haven't already, you really should submit this to our showcase.

To add the Yoast Breadcrumbs, you can do one of two things. You can either:

• Use a hook, I would recommend using Hooker as it will be easier to use. You can find the correct hook location using the Action Map option in the DMS Pro Tools plugins.
  • Alternatively, you can create your own section and add the Yoast function you post above. If you're not sure how to create your own section, then go with the Hooker method.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Hi Danny

Thank you - I will submit when all done.

I have read the PageLines Documentation and WPCandy's introduction to Hooks and I do understand it but still I feel a bit insecure doing it by myself. (had some minor problems before were the whole site went offline - really don't want to try that again)

Can you refer to somebody that can help me implement the code and maybe even help me optimize the rest of the site? I will pay ofcourse.

After waiting for your reply and got no answer I decided to try myself - you are very good at motivating people ;)

I have activated ActionMap in back-end but the actionmap "on" button is no where to be found in front-end. (with or without the DMS editor enabled which I don't think has anything to do with it anyways)

Am I missing something?

Also lots of ActionMap answers in this forum are pointing to different plugins - is it nessecary to download any extra plugins to make this work?

• Similar Content

• Kempston
      By Kempston+
      I can't figure out how to reduce the gap between the breadcrumb section and the header in the Canvas section (see attachment). I'd like to reduce this gap across the site. The page I've used for this example is here: http://kempston.co.za/auto-transport
      The content comes from a normal Wordpress page. If there's a better way of doing what I've done, please feel free to point me in the right direction.
      Many thanks
    • Dominique Wong
      By Dominique Wong
      I am a newbie here and have downloaded Yoast WordPress SEO plugin, which suggested me inserting the following breadcrumb codes for my dms2 theme. 
      <?php if ( function_exists('yoast_breadcrumb') ) {
      yoast_breadcrumb('<p id="breadcrumbs">','</p>');
      } ?>
      Is there anyone could kindly instruct me step-by-step clearly where should I put these codes ?
      Thanks you :) 
    • margie
      By margie
      I like the way the iFooter displays the navigation's breadcrumbs.  But I want just the breadcrumbs without the various navigation columns beneath it.  Is there a way to do this?
      Thanks so much and have a wonderful weekend!
    • dchetson
      By dchetson+
      There is a significant amount of padding in the breadcrumbs box of my site (www.chetson.com). I cannot figure out how to reduce the padding to just the height of the actual text. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      I am using the Yoast Breadcrumbs section and it is working great! Easy to use and install and I am so happy with it!
      However, the client would like to remove all the links from the breadcrumbs so that it only serves as a visual navigation, not as a way to actualy click through pages of the site.
      In other NAV breadcrumb plugins there are ways to still make the breadcrums appear but not be links. Do you have any idea of how this could be accomplished here?
      Just to be clear, we are doing this because  some of the parent pages are empty and only exist to show the familial relationship and are currently in the breadcrumbs as dead links that go to "#". This is not going to work becuase even though they are in effect not links that go anywhere they still APPEAR to be links. The client wants it to appear as just text, not as somethign clickable or hyperlinked.
      Any suggestions or thoughts would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance for  your help!
      - Anna