Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

brightonkeller

DMS editor not working

brightonkeller

I've read through a few forums and can't seem to figure out how to fix this issue. 

after reading the troubleshooting guide provided by pagelines here, I was able to identify some errors in the console. However, I don't know how to fix them. 

Here are the errors I see:

57 GET http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=font-family%3A+%5C%27Droid+Serif%5C%27%2C+serif%3B&ver=4.3.1 
(index):70 GET http://brightontheday.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/plugins/ubermenu/custom/custom.css?ver=3.2.0.2 

It looks like there is an issue with the stylesheet for my ubermenu custom css. but now I don't know how to fix it? And also, i have no idea how it was working one minute and then NOT the next....

see attached screenshot of what site looks like. Website is www.brightontheday.com

Screenshot 2015-12-02 07.45.50.png

Andrew

Hey Brighton, 

Typically this is only gonna be causes by a JS issue of come kind. Do you have a live link for us to look at? 

brightonkeller

see link in my original post.....

Simon

Looks like an issue with ubermenu and its custom css, the file is a 404, thats why you have no menu.

brightonkeller

yeah i know. that's what the error says. any idea how to fix this? or why it's pointing to this file?

27 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Hey Brighton, 

Typically this is only gonna be causes by a JS issue of come kind. Do you have a live link for us to look at? 

sorry to ask a dumb question but what's a "LIVE' link??

Simon

Ive never used this plugin so I can only guess.

Does it have a custom css area in its options?

Does disabling the plugin fix the site?

brightonkeller

first time i tried, disabling did NOT work. but i can try again. 

brightonkeller

deleted the plugin entirely and still can't figure this out

Simon

OK PM me a login then

Simon

Right after much messing about with this, the issue was in fact a broke LESS file in one of the sections in the main theme.

Forcing an update to DMS cleared whatever file you had edited/removed and allowed the LESS system to compile cleanly.

You have a child theme installed, if you are going to edit any less files please do it there.

Your site is now working again

brightonkeller

oh no i'm so sorry! I figured it was like zendesk where you could reply to the emails! I won't do it again.

But I wanted to thank you for fixing my site. It really is the WORST thing ever when my site isn't working properly and so I end up being completely helpless and desperate. and so it really means a lot to me that you helped. Thank you! I feel like I'm always  breaking something even though I've been using a child theme.