Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skip

License - DMS to PL5 problems

Skip

Great work on PL5 and everything I read sounds like it is the way to go.  :bow:

Long time Pagelines customer from way, way back when and everything is always great with what you all do.  

Transitions are never easy and I've had some fits already with this.  I thought to myself, I know DMS and can work it fairly well.  Purchased many extra themes for it along with lots of plugins (some not even showing on the website or my purchased list anymore).  Naturally I wanted to try this with DMS and created a beta (demo) website to experiment.  Managed to somehow have the DMS license disavowed/cancelled and finally had it restored and then try to add the PL5.  Have been able to install it DMS and and install it and all the extra themes and extra plugins I've purchased.  I've added PL5 and not had opportunity to experiment with it yet.  Here is my frustration - all the extensions are not available because of only having the DMS developer license.  The real reason I wanted to keep the DMS license active is because of all the extra plugins I purchased with it that made it a lot easier for me to build a website becoming obsolete and having a hard time of doing the same with PL5.

So all that being said, I know they will make it all come together somehow I'm sure with the crossover of licenses, existing DMS themes & plugins we purchased to all work with PL5.  I personally hope that licensing will not be as limited as it initially indicates.  A lifetime membership would be awesome.  Problems with limited licenses are that many of us build test websites and not having the full functionality because of licensing only limits what we are able to do...

Much thanks for listening and look forward to the solutions...

Wishing you all the best of Providence this holiday season.

Skip  

Simon

Your dms key was cancelled skip, I already told you this. It will continue to work until July when it runs out.

A cancelled subscription will not grandfather anything into pl5

Skip

Simon,

I recall writing you that I don't know how any subscription was cancelled.  I'm the only person who has access to the account.  No idea even why any cancelation options could even be made possible.  It is not like a refund is offered for people who buy a license and decide with months remaining to cancel it.  Strange at best on the cancellation part.  Regardless, I appreciate the update and answer to the question.  You said, "If you want to start a new subscription please let us know and we can try and sort something out." So I will take you up on this and trust and let you all take care of the "sort somthing out" part...  

Again, much thanks!  

All the best,

Skip