Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mno

Flipper and Masonic - Features request

mno

Hi guys,

Flipper and Masonic are really good sections. Though, they would be much more helpful and powerful if they would have the same filtering capacity than Loops.

Right now they fetch all the post, or pages. But you can't filter out by tag or category.

That feature was available in DMS.

Another big missing thing from Flipper is the ability to display the excerpt of the posts and to choose what post meta to display (author, date, etc)

Sorry to sound repetitive with asking things that were available in DMS... but DMS was an awesome platform, and some of this powerful features are essential to make the transition from DMS to PL5 smooth.

JudithKlinger

Is there a workaround to this? 

Shortocodes Ultimate can display posts by id number but if you place the shortcode in the WP editor, it doesn't work. And there's nowhere in Masonic or Flipper to add the short code. 

Not ideal to display by Post ID, but it will work in the short term. Sorting by tag & category is pretty critical. 

Thanks.

JudithKlinger

Any update on this? Being able to choose the category or tag is necessary. thanks! 

chrisayers

About this far for me, but not there quite yet in the opt argument section.

flipthis.png

chrisayers

I got the sort Ascending, Descending, Random arg "fixed."

The Category Tax is doing what it should up top but not below.

Start here.

Arrays:

array(
                    'key'       => 'post_type',
                    'type'      => 'select',
                    'opts'      => pl_post_types_with_thumbs(),
                    'default'   => 'post',
                    'label'     => __('Select Post Type', 'pl-section-flipper'),
                ),
                array(
                    'key'       => 'taxonomy',
                    'type'      => 'select_term',
                    'trigger'   => 'post_type',
                    'label'     => __('Select Taxonomy Term', 'pl-section-flipper'),
                ),
                array(
                    'key'       => 'order',
                    'type'      => 'select',
                    'label'     => __( 'Sort elements by postdate', 'pl-section-flipper' ),
                    'default'   => 'DESC',
                    'opts'          => array(
                        'DESC'      => array('name' => __( 'Date Descending (default)', 'pl-section-flipper' ) ),
                        'ASC'       => array('name' => __( 'Date Ascending', 'pl-section-flipper' ) ),
                        'rand'      => array('name' => __( 'Random', 'pl-section-flipper' ) )
                    )
                ),

The Function

function get_config($o = false, $inherit = false){

$config = array(
        'post_type'           => $this->opt('post_type', 'post'),
		 'taxonomy'           => $this->opt('taxonomy', ''),

'order'           => $this->opt('order', 'desc'),

'media_size'          => $this->opt('media_size', 'square'),
        'posts_per_page'       => $this->opt('posts_per_page', '10'),
        'carousel_shown'       => $this->opt('carousel_shown', '3')
      );

return $config;

}

The Arguments

function do_callback( $config = array() ) {

$defaults = array(
          'post_type'   => 'posts',
          'post_status' => 'publish',
          'taxonomy'    => '',
          'paged'       => isset( $wp_query->query['paged'] ) ? (int) $wp_query->query['paged'] : 0
        );

if( 'rand' == $args['order'] ) {
          $args['orderby'] = 'rand';
        }

if(  $config['taxonomy'] != '' ) {

$bits = explode( '__', $config['taxonomy'] );

$args['tax_query'] = array(
             array(
               'taxonomy' => $bits[0],
               'field'    => 'slug',
               'terms'    => array( $bits[1] )
             )
         );
        }

JudithKlinger

Chris...you are amazing! 

Bit nervous to test this but will try later this week. 

JudithKlinger
On 2/3/2016 at 11:44 AM, JudithKlinger said:

Chris...you are amazing! 

I think this is outside of my skill set. Getting frustrated with this as its crucial to the site I'm working on. Really need to sort posts by some parameter...and at this point I don't care if its by category, Post ID, date...whatever.  Ok...rant over. 

I'm confused by this. There is now a sort element on the masonic element, but no option to input the data. What am I missing? 

JudithKlinger
On 2/3/2016 at 11:44 AM, JudithKlinger said:

Chris...you are amazing! 

I think this is outside of my skill set. Getting frustrated with this as its crucial to the site I'm working on. Really need to sort posts by some parameter...and at this point I don't care if its by category, Post ID, date...whatever.  Ok...rant over. 

I'm confused by this. There is now a sort element on the masonic element, but no option to input the data. What am I missing? 

Tried a few times to upload a screenshot & keep getting a 502 bad gateway error. :-(

micstepl
On 5. Februar 2016 at 7:19 PM, JudithKlinger said:

chrisayers+  ist´s really great stuff and support you provide :) !!! Is that replacing the content of Flick-Slides PHP, or adding at a certain point? I could not really find out. If your time alllos - Is there a chance if you provided the full "pl-section-flipper.php" .... would just be great.

@JudithKlinger ... I do see it the same way as you - and also feel it a bit too much for my skillset :( 

This is what I menat back in November 2015 .... This is something we had in DMS and It would be lovely to see the same sort of options - rather upgraded in PL5, than reduced.

JudithKlinger

Trying again. See Screenshot...I want to sort by post_tag and/or post_id, but where do I input this info? 

Thanks! 

Screen Shot 2016-02-09 at 11.27.29 AM.png

chrisayers
On 2/8/2016 at 3:05 AM, micstepl said:

chrisayers+  ist´s really great stuff and support you provide :) !!! Is that replacing the content of Flick-Slides PHP, or adding at a certain point? I could not really find out. If your time alllos - Is there a chance if you provided the full "pl-section-flipper.php" .... would just be great.

@JudithKlinger ... I do see it the same way as you - and also feel it a bit too much for my skillset :( 

This is what I menat back in November 2015 .... This is something we had in DMS and It would be lovely to see the same sort of options - rather upgraded in PL5, than reduced.

I posted a few tips. Open the .php in editor. 

Objectif-Mariage

Hello There, 

I have the same "problem" to select what kind of post I want to use with the masonic section. Did you manage to do it @JudithKlinger and @micstepl ? If yes , could you provide me some more details please ? 
Or maybe @chrisayers could you help also ? Because, those php lines are out of my skillset ! I don't understand which .php file I should modify ? One , or many ? which one ? there is no many ....

JudithKlinger
On 3/4/2016 at 2:42 PM, Objectif-Mariage said:

Hello There, 

I have the same "problem" to select what kind of post I want to use with the masonic section. Did you manage to do it @JudithKlinger and @micstepl ? If yes , could you provide me some more details please ? 
Or maybe @chrisayers could you help also ? Because, those php lines are out of my skillset ! I don't understand which .php file I should modify ? One , or many ? which one ? there is no many ....

No, I never did figure this out. Came up with a design workaround, but not a solution. :-(

One of these days, we'll get it! 

Objectif-Mariage

Hi hope so ! 

• Similar Content

• stijnxo
      By stijnxo+
      The Filtering of categories in the Masonic Gallery refreshes back to ALL categories when the DMS Revslider loads a new image?
      Anybody any idea? See Artists Category refreshes back to ALL when the DMS Revslider with images on the top loads a news image on http://www.18hrsfestival.nl/
    • stijnxo
      By stijnxo+
      I am using the Powerloop plug-in on my DMS website and can sort my elements by Postdate, but I want to sort the pages in Alphabetic order.
      Actually the same question for sorting Flipper content in Alphabetic order instead of Ascending / Descending / Random options.
    • fabienfons
      By fabienfons+
      Hi,

At the bottom of the loops section, there is the page numbers...
      I'd like to change their size... (they are too small in my opinion..)
      Could you tell me how to do that ?
      Fabien
      www.youtips.com
    • Bill Bernat
      By Bill Bernat+
      Hi, I'm using a series of Loops sections on our PL5 site (insights.adaptiva.com), and on one section, I'd ideally like the loops to link to external URLs that are defined in the post in WordPress. Is that possible?
    • JP
      By JP+
      Hello,
      We are working on a 2 languages site (https://liguecardioliga.be) with wpml, and lately the call of a category in the loops section (and all the sections requiring a category to select posts) doesn't work in the translated language. It worked well until recently so I wonder if it's because of a recent update (wordpress, wpml, pagelines, a plugin?). Anyone has the same problem? a solution?
      TIA