Sign in to follow this  
fakeality

Creating a highlight page without a sidebar

fakeality

Hi, I am trying to create a full-width highlight page without sidebars in station pro, but unfortunately the advice given in a previous post (http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic.php?id=424) isn't working for me. I am using the following PHP adapted from that forum, which is the only way I could get something to show up without errors:

<?php
	if(VPRO) {
	/*
	Template Name: Highlight Page - Full Width
	*/
	get_header();

require(LIBRARY.'/_subhead.php');
	require(PRO.'/template_highlight.php');

require(PRO.'/template_fullwidth.php');
	get_footer();
	}
	?>

This is what the page looks like: http://fakealitymag.com/?page_id=1101 It's not displaying the main content, which should be below the top highlight section. Also the footer looks a bit buggy along with the black margins on the sides near the footer. Does anyone have any suggestions? Also a separate issue, does anyone know how to get the blue h2 heading to pick up the custom link color I added (green). It seems to be working everywhere but here. Thanks!

catrina

Did the main content display before using the adapted PHP you posted? For the blue h2 heading, add this to the custom CSS section in your theme settings:

h2 {color: #YOURGREENCOLORHERE;}

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

fakeality

Yes, it displayed just fine with the standard highlight page PHP. Thanks!

fakeality

Hi everyone, I still haven't resolved this PHP issue. Does anyone have any suggestions or is there anything I could clarify? Thanks again.

bryan-hadaway

Could be as simple as: `.highlight #sidebar{display:none}` in your Custom CSS. Thanks, Bryan

fakeality

Sadly, that doesn't seem to have made any difference. Any other ideas? We have checked the option saying if the sidebar has nothing in it, don't show it, but that hasn't helped at all either. In fact, it says "Your secondary sidebar is selected but there's nothing in it...," so basically the highlight page template is unusable unless we can resolve this.

catrina

Try removing the PHP you added to the template first so that it's back to normal and then perhaps a solution could be figured out from there.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse