Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jackey

WPML plugin

Jackey

Hi,

@Andrew @Simon 

After some extensive web building with WPML I experienced that I needed to do numerous workarounds to prevent my page data to get lost, and really could not dot the i's. I would therefore like to request PageLines to build a WPML plugin for PL5 that will enable all text fields in the PL5 editor to be handled with the string translator in WPML.

I think that would give PL5 an edge on the international playing field.

Simon

pl-platform has already been accepted into the WordPress plugin repo, as such it will make use of the WordPress translation system.

Anyone will be able to submit translations and users will automatically get the translation files downloaded.

The plugin will be uploaded on or around release day..

As an example: https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/theme-check

Jackey

@Simon Yes, as you explained earlier. That takes care of PL5 and the plugins/sections. What I am referring to is translation of the text we enter in the PL5 sections. So you only need to create one page, and let WPML handle the translations of the language versions.

Simon

Yea but WPML creates new pages for every language, thats how it works.

So you might have sample page, with page ID of 5... you add new language in the page editor area and it clones the page, so now you have 2 sample pages, page id 5 and page id 6

sop all settings are stored at the post id level..

so if you have 10 pages then add a new lang for the 10 pages you will now have 20 pages,.

Jackey

Okay, are those copies that WPML creates useable? With DMS we had the problem that the binding-ID's where cloned, that resulted in data corruption.

Is that still the case with PL5?

Jackey

The scenario I was thinking of was similar to how gravity forms are translated.

So you have only one page in the original language, and the translations are handled with the text-domain of that page.

Jackey

Don't know if that is even feasible, is there even a binding with the page and the meta data of PL5?

Jackey

Please close and remove. Solved (nearly) all my issues with PL5 & Framework vs WPML.

Thanks!

• Similar Content

• JP
      By JP+
      Hello,
      We are working on a 2 languages site (https://liguecardioliga.be) with wpml, and lately the call of a category in the loops section (and all the sections requiring a category to select posts) doesn't work in the translated language. It worked well until recently so I wonder if it's because of a recent update (wordpress, wpml, pagelines, a plugin?). Anyone has the same problem? a solution?
      TIA
    • medtime
      By medtime+
      Hello,
      We are using ProPricing but We cant change the colors from the Table. 
      How can we change it? It is all grey and we would like to add colors according our identity.
      Best,

• mrhinsh
      By mrhinsh+
      I am trying to get WPML working on my Pagelines instance. I am interested in getting help from anyone that has tried, especially @claudedagenais who seams to have it working.
      My issues are:
      How to translate header and footer How to get the menu to show all nav even if not translated How to get non-translated posts /pages to show up when only in default language - true for Masonry, Newsfront, and other list showing items... I have zero skills in PHP and its my site for my company. 
      note: Multi-lingual is a business decision and is required. I have vetted all of the multi-lingual options and the only one fit for purpose is WPML. 
    • ppotent
      By ppotent+
      Any chance of a pagelines table plug-in coming? I know that the use of short codes and bootstrap can achieve this, but I can't seem to find any easy/visual editor way of doing this. There are table plug-ins around for wordpress, but honestly, they are pretty clunky. I'd pay for a tables plug-in, given how much I would use tables if I could.

• Jeffrey Salim
      By Jeffrey Salim+
      When trying to activate the Facebook Plugin, using the Bootstrap Theme under Platform 5, the following Fatal Error occurs:
      Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[', expecting ')' in /wp-content/plugins/pl-plugin-login-facebook/libs/fblogin.php on line 35
      If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated...