Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aires

Type kit Question

Aires

Morning all,

I was wondering if anyone is noticing  that when you use typekit fonts that for a split sec the default font shows briefly then the goes away.

Is there away to stop this.

It's only for a sec and most will not notice but I would still like to correct it.

~Aires 

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

Jackey

Did not notice this with type kit. But had similar with myfonts, until I started to self host the fonts. 

Does it do that on every page load?

Aires

I notice it mostly on the first pageload but after that I don't see it again.

You think it is just type kit script taking its time to pull in the info and catch up.

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

janpeeters

Hi @Aires Are you using the compact script or the advanced version. The default compact script should block rendering while the Javascript loads and I myself have not seen it for a while. Quote from Typekit website "The advanced embed code loads asynchronously. It provides better control over rendering, but it requires custom CSS to hide the flash of unstyled text." http://help.typekit.com/customer/portal/articles/649336 

I just realised that it could also just be that I'm close to a Typekit server.

Aires

Ok that's good to know. Maybe things load different with pl5 I have DMS site that just use the default script without any issues.

But I will try the advanced version later today.

Thanks for the input.

ndTgvai.jpg

janpeeters

@Aires I have researched this a bit more. I first didn't notice it but I also sometimes see this flash. Maybe it has to do with how the scripts are embedded in in PL5 compared to DMS2. @Simon is this something you can fix?