Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Debbie

dms logo spinning, won't connect to site. White screen

Debbie

HI,  I am using White House Pro.  I noticed on your PageLines Website that there are no longer any Themes.  Does that mean that White House Pro is no longer a choice?

Problem:  When I open WP dashboard and then Try to go to my website to view.  I either get a white screen or sometimes I get the DMS that spins but does not every connect.

Also on the WP dashboard, under "themes"....  the images don't load correctly... some are ok, but some are only half there, with lots of lines going across.

I have deactivated all the plugins.  I changed the WP-config-php from false to "true".  I increased the PHP memory to 96 (through my Go Daddy rep). 

I am about ready to pull out all my hair and run screaming down the street (not a pretty sight!) Hope there is someone out there that can help.  So frustrating!  Thanks!

PS, my site is not active yet.  GoDaddy had me put a redirect in Notepad, so only I can see it on my computer.  Other people see the live (3 page simple) free google site. Sorry!  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Simon

What version of Whitehousepro is it?

Debbie

White House 1.1.7.

When I go to WP in Chrome, I see the WP dashboard. But I get a white page when I try to "view the site" to edit it with Pagelines Front End.

Also Images are either missing or half way paint.  (like the theme plugin images)

Many of my shop images are either missing or half way paint (with lines on bottom)

I tried to live preview the site in another "Theme" from the dashboard... but they would not load.

I tried to open in Firefox.  The site will open , but when I go to Firefox WP DASHBOARD...  the Theme plugin images are only half there. And I know we cannot use Pagelines in Firefox.

....... So the 2 issues are that I cannot get to the site to "Edit" it in Pagelines front end,

and many of my shop images, sliders, etc are either missing or don't load fully.

Thanks for your efforts to help me!

Debbie

Simon

ok PM me a login and i'll take a look when I get a chance.

Debbie

OK,  Thank you.

Not quite sure how to Private Message you, but I will look.

Also, I purchased a new modem from COX, and the internet connection said it was "good"

I also tried on another computer in my office with same results.

Thank you,

Debbie

Debbie

OK, found your email, so will send you information today or tomorrow.

No rush Simon, I know it's Monday and  "Thanksgiving" holiday.

Thanks again for responding!

Debbie

Simon
8 minutes ago, Debbie said:

OK, found your email, so will send you information today or tomorrow.

No rush Simon, I know it's Monday and  "Thanksgiving" holiday.

Thanks again for responding!

Debbie

You can send me a message right here in the forums, just hover over my name and select message.

Simon

Well i managed to login, its SUPER slow though.

The DMS editor does load, I had to disable your footer admin bar as it hid the dms controls.

you have 13 updates, PLEASE keep plugins up to date, unless you want your site hacked.

The DMS editor did load eventually, like I said, its slow. I was able to save a setting, custom css.

Debbie

Thanks, I can now see the media library images, but nothing else has changed.  ( I check it out on 2 computers)

Updated all plugins, (not using all of them)

When in Chrome WP admin, click on Visit site, get white screen

When in Firefox, going to Website (NOT WP admin), site comes up with this code on top of first page

(some images still missing or half load with lines at bottom.  ( I have reload all the images and check sizes (a month ago)

Notice: register_metatab is deprecated since version 1.2 of PageLines DMS! Use section_opts() instead. in /home/content/13/11116213/html/wp-content/themes/whitehousepro6/dms/includes/deprecated.php on line 280

Notice: Undefined property: TmLatestBlog::$icon in /home/content/13/11116213/html/wp-content/plugins/latest-blog-entries/sections/latest-blog-entries/section.php on line 501

Notice: register_metatab is deprecated since version 1.2 of PageLines DMS! Use section_opts() instead. in /home/content/13/11116213/html/wp-content/themes/whitehousepro6/dms/includes/deprecated.php on line 280

Sorry, this is such a mess.   It Was going so well, but now a nightmare.

I just want to be able to work on the new website,

Thank you Simon,

Debbie

Simon

Those 'warnings' are caused by one of your plugins using deprecated methods. Looks like 'latest-blog-entries'

If you turned off WP_DEBUG in wp-config.php file those should be suppressed.

Debbie

Thanks for trying to help, I appreciate it.

But no solutions yet.  

Still can't get to "edit my site" from WP Admin page.

Can you please log on to my WP Admin site, and do two things:

In Widgets... All the ones that I had built, are no longer there.  I really need these widgets as they took a long time to get them right.

In Media.... can you see all the images, or are some missing or half way displayed,  same in Templates.

Thanks again,

Debbie

Simon

What hosting package are you using?

Debbie

Hi Simon,  I just talked to Go Daddy and they said that the hosting showed no issues.

Simon

Well they would say that

ive not seen a site that slow in a long time

what host package is it?

• Similar Content

• Claude203
      By Claude203
      Dear PageLines,

I just got DMS2, and very excited about it. Currently have White House Pro but moving to DMS and testing on local server (MAMP) at the moment. This is my first question.

Is it possible to set up multiple sidebars? For example, the primary, a secondary, and so on ... a very short one, a medium height, and a very tall one? If so could you please tell me how? Or please point me in the right direction?

Thank you.
    • ashbybp
      By ashbybp
      Hi!

Website URL: http://ashby-bp.com 
      Framework Version: DMS
      WordPress Version: 3.6.1
      Plugins in Use: 2
      Server/Host: godaddy
      Screenshots: See attached
      Details: Hi, I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the white screen under the PL store tab, but the same thing is happening in the Social & Local tab in Global Options. 

Also, for some reason... the social icons do not show up in Chrome, though they do in other browsers. 

Please advise how to fix. Thanks!
    • Claude203
      By Claude203
      I am using WHP 3.0.1 and noticed recently that the Previous Entries link no longer works on the blog, on search results, or any other listing of posts or pages.

I tried recommended fixes below but none of them worked:

1) Re-saved the permalinks

2) De-activated ALL plugins (the Previous Entries link didn't work even with every single plugin deactivated all at once)

3) Upgraded to 3.1.5

I also tried the WP-PageNav plugin with disastrous results ... it locked me out of everything and I believe it is incompatible with WHP.

For now, I decided go back to WHP 3.0.1 until I can figure out first things first.

Do you have any suggestions for what else I could do now?

Thank you.
    • Claude203
      By Claude203
      I have WhiteHousePro 3.0.1 and over time I've added several enhancements and modifications to the CSS file, by editing the style.css file in the Edit Themes section under the Appearance heading.

If I upgrade to WHP 3.1.5, can I just copy the contents of the old style.css file and paste them over the the entire contents of the new style.css file? In other words, is there anything in the new CSS that needs to remain?

Or, is it better to take those enhancements and modifications and add them to the CSS Rules box in the Custom CSS section in the Custom Code section under Theme Options?

Thank you.