Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JudithKlinger

Extend Page Not Loading

JudithKlinger

Have something peculiar happening on one of my sites. The Extend page won't load, it just hangs. 

It seems as if I there might be a possible bug.  Tried a few things to try & identify the source of the problem.  Very few plugins loaded & have them loaded on another site without a problem. So I don't think it's a plugin issue. 

I first noticed I had two "Pagelines" in my WP sidebar menu. When I switched to Framework theme,  the second Pagelines menu item disappeared, so the duplicate icons was a theme issue. 

If I go to Settings & Account...both of those look normal. Site is connected. Don't see anything else odd.  But Extend page still won't load. 

Ignore the screenshots... I can't seem to delete them.

Screen Shot 2015-11-19 at 5.29.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-11-19 at 5.33.46 PM.png

chrisayers

One is your DMS plug in updater from the DMS part the other is the 5 part plug in. I am not really having a lot of luck running 5 and DMS at same time myself. I found having a bottom editor and a right side editor was way way to many places for me and my clients to break it. I also could not seem to get the short codes button on editor to click when I am on DMS/5 together. I LOVE 5 however and find no need at all to run DMS with it. I am even sad when I have to start a new DMS site now.

JudithKlinger
18 hours ago, chrisayers said:

One is your DMS plug in updater from the DMS part the other is the 5 part plug in. I am not really having a lot of luck running 5 and DMS at same time myself. I found having a bottom editor and a right side editor was way way to many places for me and my clients to break it. I also could not seem to get the short codes button on editor to click when I am on DMS/5 together. I LOVE 5 however and find no need at all to run DMS with it. I am even sad when I have to start a new DMS site now.

I've deactivated the DMS theme  & any related DMS plugins (Developer Tools/Pro Tools) and Extend page still won't load. There's a conflict somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.  I love 5 too..so much faster! 

Simon

can you open chrome tools and see if there are and javascript errors? If all else fails PM me a login to the site so I can have a look.

JudithKlinger
53 minutes ago, Simon said:

can you open chrome tools and see if there are and javascript errors? If all else fails PM me a login to the site so I can have a look.

Does that help? 

Screen Shot 2015-11-20 at 2.29.32 PM.png

Simon

make sure you have latest version and clear browser cache

JudithKlinger
1 hour ago, Simon said:

make sure you have latest version and clear browser cache

Platform5: 5.0.57  (other site has 5.0.58) when I tried to update, nothing updated

Browser cache was cleared multiple times.

Simon

can you pm me a login

JudithKlinger

Now updated to 5.0.59

Extend page still not loading. 

micstepl
13 hours ago, JudithKlinger said:

Now updated to 5.0.59

Extend page still not loading. 

Do you have Advanced Access Manager 3 (beta) installed? There is already my post for that  

If YES - disable the AAM plugin - than it will work again. 

JudithKlinger
2 hours ago, micstepl said:

Do you have Advanced Access Manager 3 (beta) installed? There is already my post for that  

If YES - disable the AAM plugin - than it will work again. 

Ciao Micstepl...no I don't have that plugin. I've pretty much pared it down to the basics. But, thanks for the tip! 

Simon

I got a login to this site, logged in and it works perfectly. So the issue has to be browser cache,

JudithKlinger
2 hours ago, Simon said:

I got a login to this site, logged in and it works perfectly. So the issue has to be browser cache,

Well then, we have a mystery on our hands because I've cleared the cache manually, with an extension, and working incognito and I still can't get the Extend page to load. 

Browser issue perhaps? Chrome says I'm up to date. See Java script console error. Same as before. 

Screen Shot 2015-11-23 at 2.54.30 PM.png

Simon

try a different browser, its a cached js file.

If you insist on using chrome, see the little 3 dot icon in your screenshot, open that, go to settings and enable the disable cache while devtools is open .. then refresh the page with devtools open.

Simon

I just logged in to that site again, zero issues here.

JudithKlinger
1 hour ago, Simon said:

I just logged in to that site again, zero issues here.

I don't what to tell you. I don't insist to use Chrome, it usually works better/faster. I disabled the "cache while dev tools is open". I refreshed. I cleared the cache. Still not loading. 

I went to Firefox and logged in. Same thing. Extend page is hanging. Have absolutely no idea why you aren't able to replicate and why it won't load for me. Sorry. 

Screen Shot 2015-11-23 at 4.27.26 PM.png

Simon

Are you sure we are logging into the same site?

JudithKlinger
Just now, Simon said:

Are you sure we are logging into the same site?

You should be logging into: aromacucina.com/wp-admin 

Simon

Yep, thats the one that works for me.

JudithKlinger
11 minutes ago, Simon said:

Yep, thats the one that works for me.

OK.. any chance it could ISP related? Using SiteGround. 

That doesn't make any sense though because I've converted 2 two other sites to PL5 without this problem. Grasping at straws. OK...I'm going to remove PL5 and reinstall. Will report back. 

Simon

redownload the latest version, it has to be a file mismatch somewhere,.

JudithKlinger

Deactivated and then removed from CPanel: Pagelines Platform5, Pagelines Updater and Pagelines Templates.

52 minutes ago, Simon said:

redownload the latest version, it has to be a file mismatch somewhere,.

Agree. Went in and deactivated PL5, Pagelines Updater, and Pagelines Templates. Then went into cPanel and removed those plugins. 

Went back to aromacucina to plugin page & was prompted to download platform5. Clicked the install Platform5 button. It loaded from this URL: 

Clicked Activate

Got the message you see in the screenshot; perhaps the URL will help. 

Backed out and went to Installed Plugins, where the plugin had already been activated. Tested Extend page. Did not load. 

Went back to Installed Plugin page, and deactivated PL5, when I went to reactivate it, got the same error as the screenshot. 

Screen Shot 2015-11-23 at 5.03.30 PM.png

37 minutes ago, JudithKlinger said:

Deactivated and then removed from CPanel: Pagelines Platform5, Pagelines Updater and Pagelines Templates.

Agree. Went in and deactivated PL5, Pagelines Updater, and Pagelines Templates. Then went into cPanel and removed those plugins. 

Went back to aromacucina to plugin page & was prompted to download platform5. Clicked the install Platform5 button. It loaded from this URL: 

Clicked Activate

Got the message you see in the screenshot; perhaps the URL will help. 

Backed out and went to Installed Plugins, where the plugin had already been activated. Tested Extend page. Did not load. 

Went back to Installed Plugin page, and deactivated PL5, when I went to reactivate it, got the same error as the screenshot. 

Screen Shot 2015-11-23 at 5.03.30 PM.png

Version that loaded was 5.0.59

Simon

why didnt you just upload new files via ftp?

JudithKlinger
Just now, Simon said:

why didnt you just upload new files via ftp?

Because WP prompted me with a link. Will delete and go back in and do it again. 

JudithKlinger
13 minutes ago, JudithKlinger said:

Because WP prompted me with a link. Will delete and go back in and do it again. 

OK. Went back in. Deactivated and deleted. Made sure to delete the .php file and the theme. 

Directly uploaded the plugin and extend is  still hanging. It has to be file conflict somewhere. 

Let it go for tonight...I'll search thru all of the files and see what I can find.  Truly bizzare. 

• Similar Content

• dougalperman
      By dougalperman+
      Hi there,
      I've getting a recurring error:
      "Platform 5 Connection IssuecURL error 60: SSL certificate problem: certificate has expired"
      I can't get the Extension Engine to load. It just times out. Same happens on two different sites that I run (www.innerear.co.uk and www.tradtv.scot, which I'm currently rebuilding).
      I've tried disabling all plugins (apart from Platform 5) andI contacted my hosts and they aren't blocking any IP addresses. I've deactivated and reactivated the Platform 5 plugin and disconnected and reconnected my account.
      Is there an issue with the Pagelines SSL certificate or something else causing the connection issue and stopping the extension engine from loading (it just spins with the LOADING cog and nothing happens, regardless of how long I leave it).
      Any help much appreciated.
    • Stefan Aronsen
      By Stefan Aronsen+
      I was previously using pagelines: pinspro.
      I updated to Frame theme & platform 5 plug-in.
      My problem is that I can not access extend. When I click on the tab I automatically get:
      "Nothing was found for the selected query."
      How do I fix this, and why doesn't my theme look like the YouTube tutorial?

• BlueSkyCreative
      By BlueSkyCreative+
      Hi there I am using the latest version of Platform 5 and just discovered the multi install function ! I know its probably been there a while. 
      Great function but when I try and use it I get this  Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/bluesky4/public_html/wp-content/plugins/pl-platform/lib/extend.php on line 54
      Any ideas why its not working?
      cheers
      Paul