Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jeomiland

DMS2 and extensions, is Flash used on mobile devices?

jeomiland

Hi

Client just emailed with some concern. She got an email from Hibu that says "Your website uses Flash...so it WON’T WORK on 94% of phones!" Using the Chrome browser Device tool, I can see the site just fine. I will appreciate if a couple of you can visit harmonyhillretreat.com on mobile and let me know if it looks just fine for you? I do use the revslider on a couple pages, but now my larger question and concern is, does DMS and the Pagelines extensions work on all Mobile devices or is there some Flash component that will cause a problem?

Hibu, in that email, also claims Google is advising people to avoid Flash sites, so obviously if this is true, search ranking would suffer!!!

DMS is marketed as being mobile ready software, which is a huge reason why I'm using it. Would feel devastated if this is not the case.

Will someone in support or an advanced user PLEASE respond with a list of what components might be flash based and have problems displaying on phones and what to do about this!!! This is a hugely important issue that would affect every developer so I will appreciate an authoritative reply from Pagelines staff on this.

Thanks guys.

this page: http://harmonyhillretreat.com/tree-house-yurt-glamping-lodging/ has a revslider at top and looks fine in the Chrome Devices tool. How does it look on Your device?
http://harmonyhillretreat.com/vacation-retreat-lodging-testimonials/ uses the Testimonials section and again looks fine in Chrome tool.

Simon

DMS does not use flash at all anywhere.

What is this hibu?

jeomiland

Hi Simon

Appreciate your reply. attached is screenshot of the Hibu.com email my client forwarded to me. Looks like a scare tactic to me to try and market their web redesign services?  Thanks

HibuFlashWarning.jpg

Simon

yea, i'd ignore that

jeomiland

OK.

Also I've got maybe 3 or 4 other support questions that have been viewed but no replies, 1 or 2 are weeks old at this point. Is there a way to "tickle" a post so it gets refreshed and answered? Or are you guys just so busy with the new launch that some posts simply have not gotten into the queue yet to be answered?

Thanks