Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

janpeeters

Section labels overlap

janpeeters

Small usability issue.

When padding is in 'reset' state when adding a text box to a container you can see both section name labels.

564df84ce646c_ScreenShot2015-11-19at17.2

When padding of the container is set to 0 the are on top of each other. You can only click one of the labels. No idea how you could solve this but it would be nice if it stayed like in the first screenshot.

564df80f268ee_ScreenShot2015-11-19at17.2

Jackey

Hi Jan,

In the beginning I found this to be cumbersome as well, but I found that putting padding on the container instead of the text box more workable, and not only in relation to the labels.

Jackey

@janpeeters BTW: Found that adding this:

h1:last-child, .h1:last-child, h2:last-child, .h2:last-child, h3:last-child, .h3:last-child, h4:last-child, .h4:last-child, h5:last-child, .h5:last-child, h6:last-child, .h6:last-child, p:last-child {
    margin-bottom: 0;
}
p:first-child {
    margin-top: 0;
}

Makes it easier to have nicely padded text boxes (tight). So default paddings are more balanced.

(it requires you to put all text in html enclosed in p, or h.. tags)

janpeeters

Thanks @Jackey that's a good suggestion and thanks for the code, gonna try that out.

Jackey

I found it good practice to use padding instead of margin where ever possible. 

Jackey

@janpeeters

Found that when you expect to have overlapping labels (like the nested containers in the example) a simple solution is to name the inner one with a longer name. Then you don't have to switch to the builder to select it. 

564ee8af66a84_Schermafbeelding2015-11-20 

Jackey

@Simon Maybe it is possible to align the container labels of the odd child right and even child left.

janpeeters

Great hint and suggestion!