Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mikeeg8

Visibility on mobile - tags or code?

mikeeg8

Hello,

Is there a quick way to show/hide things on mobile and desktops please, i.e. like a shortcode or similar?

I've used a bit of code, but wondered if that was the mode elegant way - is there something built into a media box, for example that would give me a hide on desktop toggle?

Thank you

Simon

It really depends on a few factors.

• What theme you use
  • What caching you use ( if any )

For DMS based themes the pro tools plugin has an option for adding special body classes depending on the device being used, but if you use a static page cache and have not configured it to bypass mobile devices then all uses will get the same body classes.

mikeeg8

DMS2 - vanilla Simon.

Ok, I'll have a look into that. Thanks for your time this evening, sorting out the forum login etc. Cheers.

Simon

Youre welcome.. Exmouth isnt it?

mikeeg8

Small world - cheers Simon - I should come and knock on your door for support! :lol:

Simon

Been to a few Scooby meets down there on the seafront.

mikeeg8

It's a nice place to live - they're changing the seafront now though - moving the road back a bit and adding in a watersports centre. All change!

• Similar Content

• Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a few weeks ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• tuciudadenred
      By tuciudadenred+
      Hi everyone, what happens is that the web page metrosalarmas.com has a google tags which I have not attacked where I can look to remove those tags and be able to locate the correct ones.
    • Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a week ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• dwpoyner
      By dwpoyner+
      Not sure exactly what is causing the issue. For some reason, why you view my site on mobile, the menu does not show up. It will pop up, but it is black. You can check it out here: http://dev.caryfbc.org. I'm also attaching a screenshot where I shrunk my browser down. Any suggestions?

• JawDesigns
      By JawDesigns
      Hi everyone,
      Flywheel have reported errors on my clients site 'www.racewaredirect.co.uk' and it's not loading. Can someone please provide some information on how to fix this? The site has never experienced these issues before.
      Thanks,
      James Wilson