Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mistrmint

Different menu item colors on hover

mistrmint

Site : http://fireworxmedia.yourdemosite.co.za/

I need to change the second menu items on hover to different colors.

i.e factual needs to be blue on hover, fiction red on hover, etc. etc.

then on the sub menu of factual, all need to hover blue with the main menu factual item staying as blue,

and the sub menu of fiction needs to hover red with fiction item staying as red.

etc. etc.

For the life of me I cannot figure it out.

mistrmint

Managed to get the menu items on hover right with a simple :

.menu-item-38 a:hover {
    color: #0f8084 !important;
}

But how do I now keep the parent menu active with colour when hovering over the sub menu?

mistrmint

AND sorted the current menu item with :

li.menu-item-38.current-menu-item {
    color: #0f8084 !important;
}

So thread can be closed.

mistrmint

Nope, not sorted. It works on the actual menu pages but need it to work on Home etc. as well.

Any ideas?

• Similar Content

• Liv Kundalini
      By Liv Kundalini+
      Hi -
      Pulling my hair out over here, and would love an assist!
      Site I am building, http://www.livkundalini.com/home, has a problem with the submenu items in the nav not appearing. 
      If anyone wants to see what the Nav should look like, feel free to look in the footer on the left hand side.
      Have tried disabling Pagelines and using the twentyseventeen theme, but problem persists.
      Saw this error (pasted at the bottom of this post) displaying in the inspector, and saw discussion of Jetpack potentially being a culprit. Disabled Jetpack, but the problem persists.
      Had the hosting company even flush the server-side cache, but no avail.
      Any thoughts? Please? It's the only thing keeping me from launching this site!
      Many Thanks,
      Todd

WebSocket connection to 'wss://public-api.wordpress.com/pinghub/wpcom/me/newest-note-data' failed: Error during WebSocket handshake: Unexpected response code: 403   O @ (index):7
    • gregory.guz
      By gregory.guz+
      Hi ,
      I just noticed that the color picker has stopped showing up on my PL5 site ( please see attached image ) 
      Any idea what could be causing the problem?

Thanks 
      Greg

• russe-intensif
      By russe-intensif+
      Hi team,
      checking my site today, i'm surprised to see my MegaNav all in bottom of the pages, while it's in header.
      After getting to change it in couple of pages onto Template part (too time consuming !), i'm desperate and ask you for help :-)
      apprendre-le-russe-avec-ania.fr
      Thank you in advance !

• greatthingsllc
      By greatthingsllc+
      In Platform 5, Using Framework Section for Content , I have set the hyperlink colors in the CUSTOMIZE section.   However, none of the pages are properly displaying the link colors.   Just defaulting to black, and underline on hover.   I did not see where this would be controlled at the page level or lower
      Site    doritbrauer.com
      Thanks
      Josh

• dwpoyner
      By dwpoyner+
      Not sure exactly what is causing the issue. For some reason, why you view my site on mobile, the menu does not show up. It will pop up, but it is black. You can check it out here: http://dev.caryfbc.org. I'm also attaching a screenshot where I shrunk my browser down. Any suggestions?