Sign in to follow this  
giulioregosa

Newsletter html code in a widget destroys the layout

giulioregosa

Trying to put the following code of a newsletter service in a widget the platform layout become crazy! In dreamweaver this code appears ok. Do you know why in platform it destroy the layout? <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"> <tr> <td height="35" valign="middle"> <form name="form1" method="post" action="http://bxax.mailupclientab.com/frontend/subscribe.aspx"> <input type="hidden" name="list" value="17"> <input type="hidden" name="group" value="94"> <input type="hidden" name="field_counter" value="3"> <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"> </form></td> </tr> <tr> <td height="35" valign="middle"><table width="260" border="0" cellspacing="5" cellpadding="0"> <tr> <td width="60" align="left">nome</td> <td align="left" class="Stile7"><input name="campo1" type="text" class="SmallTextField" style="width:180px; "></td> </tr> </table></td> </tr> <tr> <td height="35" valign="middle"><table width="260" border="0" cellspacing="5" cellpadding="0"> <tr> <td width="60" align="left">cognome</td> <td align="left" class="Stile7"><input name="campo2" type="text" class="SmallTextField" style="width:180px; "></td> </tr> </table></td> </tr> <tr> <td height="35" valign="middle"><table width="260" border="0" cellspacing="5" cellpadding="0"> <tr> <td width="60" align="left">email</td> <td align="left"><input name="email" type="text" class="SmallTextField" maxlength="100" id="email" style="width:180px; " /></td> </tr> </table></td> </tr> <tr> <td height="35" valign="middle"><table width="260" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="5"> <tr> <td width="40" align="left" class="Stile7"><div align="center"> <input name="chkPrivacy" type="checkbox" checked onClick="javascript:ctrlPrivacy();"> </div></td> <td width="205" align="left">Autorizzo al trattamento dei miei dati ai sensi della legge sulla privacy (D.Lgs. 196/2003)</td> </tr> </table></td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" valign="middle"><table width="260" align="left" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="5"> <tr> <td align="center"><input name="Submit" type="submit" class="button" value="INVIA" onClick="return isEmail(document.form1.email.value);" > </td> </tr> </table></td> </tr> </table>

catrina

Hm, perhaps it has to do with the formatting of the table that the code creates. Can you please post a link to your site so I can check it out?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

giulioregosa

Hallo Catrina, site is http://www.ilmiowatsu.it/ I try to put the code in the first widget called 'Iscriviti alla newsletter' Try to put the code in any text widget in PlatformPro and look the footer! Ciao J

catrina

Hm, if the newsletter service's code is causing an issue, have you considered using another newsletter service (one that could be installed with a WordPress plugin, for example)? Depending on the coding, some text widgets aren't so friendly, but perhaps a plugin would work better.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Kate

@giulioregosa Hi - I took a look at your site, but I'm not seeing the issue. Did you remove the code? As for the other plugin issue... As stated in the other thread, that's a hosting issue. You'll have to see if they can increase the memory limit for your hosting account. Hopefully they can! ;)

giulioregosa

ciao Kate, I did it, puntting code directly in wp-config. now i get the RAM to install the plugin I need. I solved also the problem with the mailing list form using a plugin for the page 'contact me'. Is non the same of the mailing list specific form for many reason but, for now, it's work! Do me a favour. Do you have a PlatforPro website? Try to put the code in the first message (from <table> ... </table> in a text/html widget in a drag and drop sidebar and look what happen at the footer ... How to solve? Ciao J

cmunns

It's just bad code. It breaks it because tables are an outdated and messy form of HTML. Run a validator check and you will see