Sign in to follow this  
stackerror

Newbie questions: Setting up magazine layout

stackerror

Hello all: i have 2 questions. 1. i am a writer and i use Ecto and Qumana to author and post my blog articles to Wordpress and i was wondering what setting do i need to edit to make my blog article image be automatically added to the home page as a thumbnail when i publish them? I have already set the option in pages and posts and after manually setting the featured image within the post admin i got it to display. 2. I am a newbie at configuring settings etc in wordpress and i would like to know how to set my new blog up with a magazine layout. Could you please point me to right place in the how to section or provide some step by step directions? Thank you Rob

cmunns

Rob, What do you mean automatically? It sounds like you got it working, but are looking for a way to get the thumbnails published through Ecto or Qumana? For number two there is an option under "Blog and Post" options, it's actually the first option on that panel that gives you the choice for magazine style layout.

stackerror

Adam:

What do you mean automatically? It sounds like you got it working, but are looking for a way to get the thumbnails published through Ecto or Qumana?
Yes i want the thumbnails to be published through my blog editor. I prefer using Qumana as it is a bit easier for article composition, but i do use both, so what ever will work is OK with me :) ! Regarding the magazine layout, i might be mistaken..after reading the features of iBlog4 pro, i don't think there is a magazine layout option is there? because i don't have a blog & posts options. I have page and posts.