Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rob Thomas

Removing License from a Site?

Rob Thomas

I've been messing around rather slowly with P5 (love it so far). I've installed and uninstalled it on a couple of sites. Which brings me to this question:

Is there a way to turn a license OFF once it has been turned on and used for a site? 

I didn't see anything in Resources about how to turn a license off for a site. I was thinking it would do this automatically (say if you uninstall)? But that doesn't seem to be happening. They still seem to show up under "X of X total Pro licenses available in account."

Aires

I believe you would need to disconnect from the site.

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

Rob Thomas

I tried that. It didn't work. 

dawsonbarber

@Rob Thomas Try clicking on the Refresh button under PageLines Account > Connected As (in an active, connected installation).

Andrew

First question, why would you want to do this?

Rob Thomas

Hi Andrew,

It's purely a functionality question. I figured the best way to be a beta tester is to be a total noob.

and, in fact, I was a total noob randomly activating P5 on sites with no real regard for whether I'd ultimately use P5 on that site, but just to randomly test stuff out. In the end, I just decided to spin up a droplet from d.o. and build a site totally from scratch in P5. It was then that I noticed the other "rando" sites were still connected and thought to unconnect them from P5. So, I tested it and couldn't find a way to do it. Which is why, as a beta tester, I figured you'd want me to bring that up here. These kinds of scenarios could come up in real world development and people might need to remove a license. It seems to me that should be factored in. Because, noobs. 

Andrew

@Rob Thomas gotcha.

Currently we aren't supporting domain hopping with Pro stuff; but if you activate a specific site and make a mistake, etc. You can email the desk and we will fix it for you.

dawsonbarber

Do what Aries suggested then do what I suggested.

Works for me.

pehja
On 2015-11-14 at 4:09 PM, Andrew said:

@Rob Thomas gotcha.

Currently we aren't supporting domain hopping with Pro stuff; but if you activate a specific site and make a mistake, etc. You can email the desk and we will fix it for you.

So if you are working on a site on MAMP and then push it up for review on a test domain and then push it to the final destination. You have used up 3 licenses??

Professionell musician | Webbdesigner | Apple freak

Pehja Production.png

Aires

Hi, if you are working locally then you will not use a license. 

If you wish to push to a test domain you need use staging, dev, or xip as part of the domain. There are some other key words that can be used but they elude me right now.

Here is an example of a site that I am working on http://staging.tchc.xolanistudios.com/ notice the word staging which tells Platform how to treat this site. 

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

pehja

Ok thanks! where can I find this information. Or is it something I am supposed to know..

Professionell musician | Webbdesigner | Apple freak

Pehja Production.png

Simon
5 hours ago, pehja said:

Ok thanks! where can I find this information. Or is it something I am supposed to know..

The README: