Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Simon

Update Platform 5.0.50

Simon

This update includes a few minor tweaks, some security updates and one feature you will fall in love with.

If you have a look at the 'Advanced' settings area for any section you see the following new addition..

56423a5a088a1_ScreenShot2015-11-10at18.4

Yes, thats right! You copy the section and all its options to your clipboard, this includes nested sections within containers!

Now simply go back to the builder and look for this..

56423abc55a1d_ScreenShot2015-11-10at18.4

Paste the data into there and click insert and your section will appear on the page!

This cool feature isnt just restricted to the site you are working on either! You can copy/paste from one site right into another anywhere, be it local or on the internet!

oksodavid

that is goodness itself

JudithKlinger

A secret fantasy has been fulfilled. 

Brian

WOW is right!!! This is pretty great!

Simon

Anyone tried it out yet?

Brian

Just did 3 minutes ago. Love it!

Pea Pod

I have been unable to get this to work.

Copy worked only on Chrome, not Safari nor Firefox (which both reported "Failed!").

Paste (Add section) on all three browsers simply displayed a cog which stayed spinning endlessly.

I tried with different sections and pages. Would love to know why since it is incredibly useful. Would also like to know how to bypass the paste and use the code manually if I could.

micstepl

j u s t   G R E A T   ! ! ! !   :geek:

Pea Pod
On 10 November 2015 at 6:45 PM, Simon said:

This update includes a few minor tweaks, some security updates and one feature you will fall in love with.

If you have a look at the 'Advanced' settings area for any section you see the following new addition..

56423a5a088a1_ScreenShot2015-11-10at18.4

Yes, thats right! You copy the section and all its options to your clipboard, this includes nested sections within containers!

Now simply go back to the builder and look for this..

56423abc55a1d_ScreenShot2015-11-10at18.4

Paste the data into there and click insert and your section will appear on the page!

This cool feature isnt just restricted to the site you are working on either! You can copy/paste from one site right into another anywhere, be it local or on the internet!

I have still been unable to get this to work.

Copy worked only on Chrome, not Safari nor Firefox (which both reported "Failed!").

Paste (Add section) on all three browsers simply displayed a cog which stayed spinning endlessly.

I tried with different sections and pages. Would love to know why since it is incredibly useful.

Could some of the people commenting positively on the post verify, please, that this is working from them (and even better if someone may be able to speculate why I have not been able to get it to work).

Thanks, Ian

Gavin_

This has worked for. But then I used it on one section with a small amount of data. 
I wonder if the length of the string is the issue? Should it make a difference?

Simon

some hosts limit the size of a post object..

Pea Pod
6 hours ago, Gavin_ said:

This has worked for. But then I used it on one section with a small amount of data. 
I wonder if the length of the string is the issue? Should it make a difference?

4 hours ago, Simon said:

some hosts limit the size of a post object..

Hi Both,

I've tested this some more and can confirm that Safari and Firefox won't COPY at all, but Chrome will copy.

As regards pasting, all browsers will allow PASTING/ADD SECTION for a tiny basic section (a one-line text section) but NOT anything longer.

Thanks for the responses, Ian