Sign in to follow this  
arboraesthetics

iblog Home page bug

arboraesthetics

Does anyone know how a Home/Feature page as the default Home page in iBlog? I have went into Settings/Reading and selected Static page and set my Front page to Home and my posts page to Blog. Still not working correctly. http://arboraestheticsblog.com/

bryan-hadaway

Did you go into Pages, edit "Home" and change the template from the dropdown option to a feature template? Thanks, Bryan

arboraesthetics

Hi Bryan Thanks for the quick response. Yeah.. I have the Home page set as Feature Page - Default. Still not working. Hit me you have any other suggestions. Thanks

Andrew

Looks like it's working to me.

baschdifischi

I have the same problem, it looks exactely as it does on Jeffs blog. The home ICON links zu the featured page (home-page), but the "Home" Link in the navigation still is there. How would I remove the unnacessary home text link in the navigation ? Thx!

cmunns

Use WP3.0 menus to manually control your navigation and the order of it as well.

onokazugmailcom

I have the same problem. It works fine with 4.0.6 but not with 4.2.4. Is it a bug that will be fixed or do I need to rely on the WP menus feature?

onokazugmailcom

Fix: line 13 of library/_nav.php <?php wp_list_pages('title_li=&sort_column=menu_order&depth=3'); ?> to <?php wp_list_pages('title_li=&sort_column=menu_order&depth=3&exclude='.get_option('page_on_front'));?>

jbenavides

So for someone who's not very savvy at code and all that...HOW can I get rid of the extra "HOME" page on my main menu and have it be the HOME ICON for my static home page? Make sense? :)

Kate

Hi Joshua - Using the built in WP menus option (as @cmunns suggested above) actually doesn't require any coding. Simply access it by going to "Appearance->Menus". There you can control the pages that show up in your nav. In addition, as you can see under "Theme Options->Header And Nav", the home icon should appear by default. Hope that helps. Kate

onokazugmailcom

Hi Kate, in 4.0.6 we didn't even have to use the WP menus so I think this is a bug in the current version?