Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

micstepl

Platform 5 > positioning

micstepl

I´d like to unterstand from a marketing, but primarely from a technical and a (project)migration Perspektive - PLATFORM5.

I´d like to unterstand the positioning of ...

• Platform 5
  • vs. Framework
  • vs. DMS

will DMS2 as a product (sort-, medium- & long term) be ...

• continued?
  • dis-continued?
  • migrated?

Actionable
so if I started a new project, or migrated an old, I´d like to unterstand which strategic route to go each

• Similar Content

• dario
      By dario+
      I've got three columns in a canvas area. The two on the sides have text boxes in them and the center one has a media box section.
      The canvas area sits between another canvas area on the top and the footer on the bottom.
      With nothing in the media box, the canvas area in question is about 75px high. Adding the image bumps it up to 150px.

I want to have an image in the centered media box which overlaps the top canvas area and the footer area. 
      I've done this on a test, static page (outside of WordPress and DMS), but cannot figure it out within WP/DMS.

This link helped (in my html/css testing page), but I think it's a rabbit trail for my DMS site:
      http://front-back.com/how-to-make-absolute-positioned-elements-overlap-their-overflow-hidden-parent

Does anyone have an idea or direction in which I might look?
    • wpclincoln
      By wpclincoln
      On this site I'm developing I am using this snippet of CSS to adjust the position of text in my fixednav.
      .navbar .navline { position:relative; left:-29px; !important; } It works perfectly on a desktop sized browser window. However, when the window drops in size and reflows for mobile viewing, the menu items begin off to the left of the screen. About 29px to the left, I'd guess.

The question is - I don't know much about responsive design. Is there a way to specify that this piece of custom CSS should only apply ABOVE a certain page width?

Thanks for ideas!

-CP
    • greatgreen
      By greatgreen
      I'm trying to add a border between the left sidebar and the main column and I'm finding it impossible. Here's some details with the problem...

If I add a border on the left sidebar, on it's left or right side, the whole sidebar gets pushed underneath the main column. I'm guessing because it's too wide. Because if I add a margin on the left sidebar I get the same result. Whereas padding works fine-

If I add a border to the left or right of the main column, the left sidebar is pushed down.

The right sidebar seems to stay intact no matter what I do to it. And changing the right sidebar doesn't effect the left sidebar.

Would appreciate any advice, thanks.