Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jagipson

New Pricing

jagipson

@Andrew Mentioned in the Webinar that pricing is going to be about $100 per pro site per year. My question is what happens if my client no longer wants to pay that every year. Will there site stop functioning as it did when they paid the annual fee?

Another issue with this pricing model. Lets assume each site I build is a pro site and I build 40 sites per year thats $4K after a few years of this ill be paying $8K per year then $12K and so on. This is a massive price increase. 

Aires

Thats some disturbing information right there.

I guess we have to figure that into yearly maintenance for the client?   

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

Andrew

If you're building 40 sites per year, how are you charging your clients for them?

For PageLines Pro, who pays? you or the client.

Gavin_

Usually, w e just incorporate the price of our licence with our bid, not just the theme/framework but other premium plugins as well. With DMS we have unlimited sites so there is no issue, its a negligible cost.  We offer all our clients maintenance which means they get the use of all of the premium themes/plugins we use on their build and we update for them. If they choose not to get maintenance then we deactivate our licence and point them in the direction of buying their own - so far this has not happened. This is our value add or upsell to further our relationship. This is all in our contract and is made clear at the start. With the new prices for PL5 we would consider this. 

Purely based on pricing  (not quality or use case) we would compare with Beaver Builder and Divi Page Builder - we are not saying they are as good as PL5 or as easy to use but we would compare the pricing models. What we like about Beaver is that despite its higher entry point it offers full white labelling and the renewal subscription is equivalent to what we pay PL. What we like about Divi is that it is a one-off payment and a lifetime of updates. 
https://www.wpbeaverbuilder.com/pricing/
https://www.elegantthemes.com/join.php

Andrew

Remember Platform AND Framework are free guys.

Rob Thomas

I was taken aback when I noticed this too, but In the video conference you said we'd be getting "lots of free sites" as we'd be grandfathered into PL5. Maybe clarifying this kind of info would help people a bit. If it's more than one site for 99 a year for longtime developers, that's a different scenario. 

Andrew

Im going to close this thread since this is off topic (beta testing) and professional platform pricing is going to be fair and optional.