Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Andrew

Weekly Topic! "How do we build _____?"

Andrew

Every week we're going to start doing webcasts where I build or code something up live. 

This way you guys can learn the tips and tricks for using everything from top to bottom.  From using standard tools to coding.

So here we can: 

• Pick any site and ask me, "how would we do this with PL5?"
  • Pick any type of product or function and ask "How is this coded with PL5?"
  • You get the idea...

Examples:

• How would i create the carousel on this site: www.___.com? 
  • How should a child theme be coded? 
  • Does PL5 support standard WP page templates? 
  • How would you create a plugin/theme/section that looks like this ____?

Post your questions here and we'll pick the best candidates for review in the meeting.

bestrag

I really like this initiative, we had it in past and some nice features were built back then.  I represent my own web agency that would like to grow wp business with PL.

Personally I would like to start answering the main question for me, how do we build business. At last meeting there was some good intro talk about our own membership model. It feels like this could be good moment to start sharing some good practices. What are all the (good) ways for us to make profit. 

I understand that this should be knowledge base building so if more folks back me up here maybe we could start having business meetings with you and keep talking about profit channels. 

Naturally every skill that we share will be boots to our businesses, but after several years of doing web business it feels like good business talk could also be a great asset.

bestrag.net

professional dms plugins 

JudithKlinger

Dear Code God in Heaven, 

In one of these webcasts, can we talk about child theme coding. 

JudithKlinger

Is there a fuze meeting today? Same login credentials as last week? 

Gavin_

What happened? DId it happen? 

Andrew

No, sorry should have updated... this will start next week. i've had too many issues with internet in London. Need to get somewhere better for that.