Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Simon

Update Platform 5.0.38

Simon

Been a while since we had an 'updates' post, so here we go!

• Show an admin notice if site has pro plugins active, but user is not pro.
  • Extend: Show new framework based themes category and add child theme support.
  • Extend: Dont allow a child theme to install if the framework theme is not installed.
  • Content area big work over, made more responsive.
  • Better defaults added to sections.
  • Workarea iframe now checks the page its about to load is the same protocol as the parent page, stops ssl/nonssl mismatch errors.
  • Menus section has better defaults and some css tweaks.
  • Richtext editor base javascript library updated, @Jackey might help with the br issues.
  • The core menu section now registers a menu location, @Aires can you test your menu plugin now and report back?

Right thats it for now!

Big welcome to the new testers..

Jackey

Richtest br is fixed. Can make nice tight text sections now. (you have to edit existing ones)

Thanks!

Simon

Richtest br is fixed. Can make nice tight text sections now. (you have to edit existing ones)

Thanks!

Welcome!

Aires

Hi @Simon

I did some testing and with the menu locations I was able to get uber menu working but it now considers all menus as the main theme if that makes sense  and each menu behaves differently.

The default menu and the social links menu do not accept any of the uber style settings and are not full width.

The mega nav accepts all the uber menu settings that I have tried (not all there are to many) and looks like the default uber menu.

uber.png

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

Simon

The only menu that has a theme location is the default menu section, i didnt add support for it to any other menus.

Simon

How are you adding UM to menus without the theme location?

Aires

No I am using the theme location to add the menus 

test_3.png

test_2.png

main.png

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

Simon

Yea but only one of the menus has a location 

the default menus section 

so why is it mega menuing the menus without a location?

Aires

Heromenu only affects the one location have not found any other issues.  

ndTgvai.jpg

Jackey

Thanks!

Sorry Simon, Cheered to early... :( 

Editing text in that editor will throw back that <div><br></div> in at the end (at some point). It actually throws divs and spans willy nilly.
You can try and edit them out, but you have to delete invisible items.

Editor options missing: 

• An optional HTML editor is no luxury but a must have (only way to sanitize the mess it makes)
  • Bullit-list and numbered list
  • Link
  • Superscript & Subscript
  • Text color (not a must, but while your at it)
  • A button that converts the whole content to just text

BTW: The editor I'm typing this in does a good job.

Jackey
<div class="pl-text-wrap">
    <div class="pl-text" data-bind="plshortcode: text"><div><span class="colour" style="color:rgb(43, 43, 43)"><span class="font" style="font-family:'Source Sans Pro', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, arial, sans-serif"><span class="size" style="font-size:12px"><span data-type="size" class="h1">h1 Just some text.</span></span></span></span><br></div><div><span class="colour" style="color:rgb(43, 43, 43)"><span class="font" style="font-family:'Source Sans Pro', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, arial, sans-serif"><span class="size" style="font-size:12px"><span class="colour" style="color:rgb(43, 43, 43)"><span class="font" style="font-family:'Source Sans Pro', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, arial, sans-serif"><span class="size" style="font-size:12px"><span data-type="size" class="h2">h2 Just some text.</span></span></span></span></span></span></span><br></div><div><span class="colour" style="color:rgb(43, 43, 43)"><span class="font" style="font-family:'Source Sans Pro', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, arial, sans-serif"><span class="size" style="font-size:12px"><span class="colour" style="color:rgb(43, 43, 43)"><span class="font" style="font-family:'Source Sans Pro', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, arial, sans-serif"><span class="size" style="font-size:12px"><span class="colour" style="color:rgb(43, 43, 43)"><span class="font" style="font-family:'Source Sans Pro', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, arial, sans-serif"><span class="size" style="font-size:12px"><span data-type="size" class="h3">h3 Just some text.</span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span><br></div><div><span class="colour" style="color:rgb(43, 43, 43)"><span class="font" style="font-family:'Source Sans Pro', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, arial, sans-serif"><span class="size" style="font-size:12px"><span class="colour" style="color:rgb(43, 43, 43)"><span class="font" style="font-family:'Source Sans Pro', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, arial, sans-serif"><span class="size" style="font-size:12px"><span class="colour" style="color:rgb(43, 43, 43)"><span class="font" style="font-family:'Source Sans Pro', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, arial, sans-serif"><span class="size" style="font-size:12px"><span class="colour" style="color:rgb(43, 43, 43)"><span class="font" style="font-family:'Source Sans Pro', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, arial, sans-serif"><span class="size" style="font-size:12px"><span data-type="size" class="h4">h4 Just some text.</span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span><br></div><div>P Just some text</div></div>
  </div>

Just to illustrate what the editor produces on a simple piece of text. Can't imagine that it does not have impact on the section's settings.

Schermafbeelding_2015-10-16_om_09.06.08.

Simon

I know the richtext editor isn't perfect. I'll talk to Andrew about it when he gets in.

oksodavid

@Simon is there the possibility to provide an option to tab/swap out the rte for nextbox style raw input? Within any sections containing rte input, with raw checked or data having been input, the callback binding pulls the raw input as the override?

oksodavid

ha!

Simon

It isnt ready yet, a toggle tab/button whatever will get added before release, but it works.

Aires

I know ubermenu is a very popular menu for wordpress but after some configuring the pl menu options are not so bad. Still looking for a way or plugin to include widgets and shortcodes. 

ndTgvai.jpg

Simon

include shortcodes where? 

include widgets where?

Aires

Well my idea was to see if I could get pl shortcodes to work in the menu.  What I was doing in generating a shortcode in a post and trying to make show  in a mega menu.So far no luck but while I was testing I found that when you add the shortcode to the post nothing loads when you view the post its just a blank page. 

http://screencast.com/t/IPYZqQP9iCD  

ndTgvai.jpg

Aires

The menu thing is just me trying to recreate a clients menu while bringing it over to PL5 so that its not to much of a  cosmetic change from Uber ( work in progress). 

ndTgvai.jpg

Aires

Ignore the shortcode issue just needed to update.

ndTgvai.jpg