Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

meetgreen

WP shortcode forms not laying out correctly

meetgreen

Have been using Gravity Forms just fine with DMS 2. All of a sudden, the layout is all wrong and I cannot get any sensible layout back. Have even tried rebuilding a brand new page. Same effect. Look at the screen shots to see. Any element I add works fine, until I add a form, As soon as that form renders, it all goes bad. Have also tried the form in Ninja form and does not seem to make a difference. First two  screen shots, look a the top of the page where the text box is seemingly overlaid on the out of the box element. In the second, it is centered. The third one is the form and you can see there are no box controls and you can see the vertical lines going up the page. Does not matter if I do this with a standard text box or a PLNet box or even if I put the form in the WordPress loop. It had been working ok until today. Can't remember when the last Pagelines update was and if that has anything to do with it. 

Screen Shot 2015-10-14 at 4.31.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-10-14 at 4.33.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-10-14 at 4.33.39 PM.png

batman

Hi meetgreen

You have the next update DMS 2.2 in your site.

Please, you can disable all your active plugins (non PL plugin) to see if the problem persist.

Make sure your plugins are all up to date and fully compatible with WordPress 4.3.1. If they're out of date (usually more than 3 months old) there's a chance they can conflict with others or with WordPress itself. 

I see with my Chrome console a problem with the "widget_shopping_cart_content" perhaps is the culprit.

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

meetgreen

Plugins turned off does not help. widget_shopping_cart most likely from Woo Commerce but had that turned off too. And there are no store or shopping cart on that page and certainly no widgets running. 

All plugins up to date. I am habitual about that. If I add any other block of content, it works fine. Just rendering of shortcode forms. 

Danny

As Batman mentioned, you have an error on your page related to AJAX from the widget_shopping_cart_content. I recommend you ask this question on the WordPress support forums, as it may well be causing a conflict with DMS visual editor. However, we run WooCommerce and do not have this error on PageLines.com.

So you may well have other plugins or custom code causing the issues. I would try disabling all active plugins and removing any custom code, then see if the issue persists.

Please search our forums, before posting!