Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

King Creative Design

Hide thumbnails on single post / Show thumbnails on archive posts and other aggregate pages

King Creative Design

Hi, I'm trying to show thumbnails on aggregate pages like category, archives etc., and hide thumbnails on single post pages. I have searched the Pagelines forum and followed some of the instructions given to other users with no luck. Below are two links, one is to a single post, and the other is an archive list. Right now the thumbnails are turned off in the WP postloop. 

Both pages are on separate templates, and I tried setting the single post page to loccal and it still seems to keep the thumbnail option as a global setting.

SINGLE BLOG PAGE - http://liesegardner.com/fuel/

ARCHIVE LIST - http://liesegardner.com/2015/07/

Thanks for your attention,

Michele

Aires

Hi,

Have you tried using the section id along with the image class.

#sectionid .pl-grid-image{

display: none;

}

It may work

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

King Creative Design

Thanks Aires,

Unfortunately it didn't work.

Michele

Audun MB

Shouldn't "Hide media" in the loop settings actually do this? I believe this is a bug in the recent update.

Setting 

.c_img {
    }

should fix this though. 

King Creative Design

Thanks Attac+, unfortunately that didn't work either as it removes the thumbs from both places (archives and single post). I'm trying to hide them in only in one place (single page) and not the other.

batman

Hi Michele

Please, you can try this

img.attachment-thumbnail.wp-post-image {
display:none:
}

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

Aires

Hi,

section#masonicu3rg2bu .pl-grid-image {
}
I tried this in the browser and it did work. single plog page 

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

King Creative Design

Aires+, 

Thank you so much for your attention!!! I really appreciate it but for some reason it's not working for me. :-(

Audun MB

Thanks Attac+, unfortunately that didn't work either as it removes the thumbs from both places (archives and single post). I'm trying to hide them in only in one place (single page) and not the other.

#site .single-post .c_img {
    }

Does this work?

Still, isn't this a bug?

Audun MB

You've done this right: 5486833583521792.png?k=-lgRNS6o_JbQ1T5Hz

That's how it should work (Hide media). And works for me now, though it seemed like it didn't work on Friday. 

King Creative Design

Yes! It worked... I'm all set... thanks a million!!!!

• Similar Content

• frakture
      By frakture
      Hi there, wondering if there is a way to hide or turn off the flipper thumbnails, so all you have are the blog titles (and dates)? I've searched and haven't seen this question asked before. Thanks!
    • photomom86
      By photomom86+
      This is driving me CRAZY. I want thumbnails showing on the left on my homepage ONLY.

I want ZERO thumbnails showing on the individual post page.

I have tried and tried to get this to work and it will not. PLEASE HELP ME.

I followed this tutorial here: http://www.pagelinestheme.com/controlling-post-thumbnails/

I've also attached a screen shot of my "current" settings though it's not doing what I think it should mean.

• forwardseven
      By forwardseven
      Hi guys, I have been using 'special recent posts' plugin to display recent posts via a category with a thumbnail as well, however it seems the text overlaps the thumbnails in columnizer and widgetizer. Any help would be appreciated...
      website is www.huonvalleyhome.com
    • FionaFell
      By FionaFell
      Hi Pagelines Team, 

I'm adding blog posts to www.leadstoclients.com.au

But would love to place the image between the 'title' and the 'content'. 

I'm seeing these options: http://screencast.com/t/c1GggUigw

But none of them seem to place the image where I hope it can be displayed. 

Any tips on how I can get the image to appear here: http://screencast.com/t/F39iUNuq8Nd5 would be awesome. 

Thanks for your help,

Fiona
    • KristaD
      By KristaD
      Hello everyone,

I've searched many places and cannot find CSS code help with transforming all of my "Top Trending Posts" image thumbnails into circle images. I looked at the very bottom of pagelines.com and saw that they had this code: border-radius: 200px 200px 200px 200px;

How can I do this ? I cannot give out my link since this is a celeb site that hasn't been launched yet, but I'd be willing to speak one on one with someone or would appreciate being directed to a plug-in that can do this as well.