Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hibbsy78

Heroes Section

hibbsy78

I just spotted the standalone Heroes section as opposed to the Elements>Hero section and I much prefer this layout with the larger text directly under the heading but again on mobile (iPhone) it screws the layout similar to the contact form 7 page (http://www.johnhibbs.me/contact/).

http://www.johnhibbs.me/daddy/

IMG_4430.PNG

Gavin_

Another bug (?) In Hero Section the Font color selector does not change color of text. 

hibbsy78

This is still an issue in 5.0.28.

hibbsy78

Guys any thoughts on this issues as at the moment it is stopping me bringing over other sites to PL & Framework 5....which I really want to do!

Simon

Something else must be overriding the font color :

Screen_Shot_2015-10-12_at_15.17.04.thumb

hibbsy78

@Simon How does that look on mobile? Do you get the white gap as I do with my site?

hibbsy78

@Simon Thanks, strangely it is loading correctly now but I still have an issue on the contact page with Contact Forms 7.

Any suggestions as I guess this is most peoples go to contact form...

http://www.johnhibbs.me/contact/

IMG_4493.PNG

Simon

try this:

.wpcf7-form-control { max-width: 100%; }

hibbsy78

Also back on the Heroes section the button is off alignment. Small issue I know but would be good to get it sorted. Also if I switch to Large button it is off the screen.

IMG_4494.PNG

IMG_4495.PNG

hibbsy78

try this:

.wpcf7-form-control { max-width: 100%; }

@Simon Perfect! Thank you!

Simon

swap out the pl-section-heros/style.css for this one, see what its like...

style.css

hibbsy78

swap out the pl-section-heros/style.css for this one, see what its like...

style.css

@Simon Done. Looks better but ideally could be a little bigger. Changing from standard to large button didn't seem to affect it.

IMG_4498.PNG

Simon

Trouble is, that button is inside the same area as the text...

express and star is 19 chars and your button is 24 chars and still has to look like a button, what if you use a word for your button text rather than the URL? 

hibbsy78

@Simon Changed it to 'Visit Website' but it is still small. Setting it on Large Button.

IMG_4499.PNG

Simon

well yea now you have reduced the amount of text, change the style.css back to default

hibbsy78

Changed it back and reduced it further to 'Read More'. Standard size button is perfect but it is slightly off when large button is selected.

IMG_4500.PNG

IMG_4501.PNG

Simon

Ah now, this is more likely to be a UX issue that may be fixed rather than supporting 'supercalifragilisticexpialidocious' as a button text ;)

chrisayers

On same formatting topic, could we get the image area to align with the H1? 

heros.png

Andrew

@chrisayers can you give me a live link? it shouldn't look like that.

Jackey

@Chrisayers Did you edit that with the RTF editor?

chrisayers

@Chrisayers Did you edit that with the RTF editor?

My lorum ipsum is pasted in with the RTF toggled off and pasted as raw text.

Jackey

a lot of padding on there

• Similar Content

• sakkthi subramaniyam
      By sakkthi subramaniyam
      Working on a very old site which has  pagelines framework theme. I need section plugin. so i can install postpins section. I have lost backup copy.
      Thank you.
    • elementalkites
      By elementalkites+
      Good evening. I am attempting to use the Impulse section on a page I am working on (https://dev.elementalkites.com). The tool seems to have the ability to overlay a logo on top of the slider images but in my case it isn't working, even though I have added the logo file and given it a height to display at. I have attached a screenshot for reference. Any help would be appreciated.

• jojoking
      By jojoking+
      I have to admit to being baffled.
      I'm trying to embed a video (from my WP media library) within a WP post using the videobox section shortcode.
      The shortcode section popup only allows two items to be configured - the section type, in this case videobox - and a unique id. There's no URL or other parameters such as autoplay or loop which are available within the Pagelines editor.
      Whatever I put in the unique ID makes no difference to what is shown which seems to be a default video with stars or white noise on a black background.
      I assume I need to define this ID somewhere else, or maybe WP has done it for me?
      HELP!

PS This is the page source generated when a shortcode is added within the WP post editor
      <!-- VideoBox | Section --> <section id="videobox_1675853156" class="pl-sn pl-col-sm-12 pl-col-sm-offset-0 pl-sn-videobox" data-object="PL_VideoBox" data-clone="1675853156" data-level="0"><div class="pl-sn-wrap"><div class="pl-sn-pad fix" data-bind="pledit: true" > <div class="video-highlight"><h3 class="video-title" data-bind="pltext: vb_title"></h3></div> <div class="pl-video-box" data-bind="plcallback: { vb_autoplay: vb_autoplay(), vb_loop: vb_loop(), vb_controls: vb_controls(), vb_video: vb_video()}" data-callback="videobox"> <video id="280414138" autoplay loop > <source src="https://www.handinhandmanchester.org.uk/wp-content/plugins/pl-section-videobox/default.mp4?r=280414138" type="video/mp4" /> No browser html5 video. </video> <script> jQuery('#280414138')[0].load(); </script> </div> </div></div></section> </div>  
      If I add a videobox section using the Pagelines page editor the page source generated includes my video:
      <!-- VideoBox | Section --> <section id="videobox_udvu4uz" class="pl-sn pl-col-sm-12 pl-col-sm-offset-0 pl-sn-videobox" data-object="PL_VideoBox" data-clone="udvu4uz" data-level="0"><div class="pl-sn-wrap"><div class="pl-sn-pad fix" data-bind="pledit: true" > <div class="video-highlight"><h3 class="video-title" data-bind="pltext: vb_title"></h3></div> <div class="pl-video-box" data-bind="plcallback: { vb_autoplay: vb_autoplay(), vb_loop: vb_loop(), vb_controls: vb_controls(), vb_video: vb_video()}" data-callback="videobox"> <video id="429558737" autoplay loop > <source src="https://www.handinhandmanchester.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/HIHWelcome.mp4?r=429558737" type="video/mp4" /> No browser html5 video. </video> <script> jQuery('#429558737')[0].load(); </script> </div> </div></div></section>  
    • StuLeeUK
      By StuLeeUK+
      Good morning,
      I have set up my homepage using the Elements sections, a Masthead at the top and then a selection of Heroes lower down.
      I only just realised that the Heroes set a H1, as does the Masthead.
      Is there an easy way I can change the Heroes to an H2/H3 etc so as to improve the structure of my headers, whilst keeping the Masthead as H1?
      I really don't know much at all about CSS, which is why I use Pagelines because it's just so easy to create good looking pages without too much confusion.

page for reference is https://www.avangocouriers.co.uk
      Thanks,
      Stu
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Hi,
      I am having an issue with the Lax sections on Platform 5. I can embed a widget or text box into a Lax section which is really neat, but the image in the background (the parallax image) seems to get stretched and doesn't scale in an attractive way.  For example, the page http://ed6.61e.myftpupload.com/#clients has a parallax section with a woman's face  and I thought is would scale as the browser window gets smaller but the zoom-level never changes. Also, the amount of parallax shift seems more dramatic than what we want. I thought that if I uploaded a shorter image it would scan/scroll less since the height from the image's top to bottom would be less. However, that doesn't seem to have any effect and I am at a loss of how to properly control the way the image is displayed within that box. Any thoughts, tips, or suggestions to get me pointed in the right direction?
      Thanks so much for the help!