Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pehja

Child Theme

pehja

Looking good so far ;-) Just wondered how it would work with child theme. I can't really use a child for DMS 2. And what if I decide to use another theme. I need a different child for every new theme i build with plattform 5?

Thanks Peter

Professionell musician | Webbdesigner | Apple freak

Pehja Production.png

Simon

You don't need to use a child theme, but if you wanted to make a child theme for pl-framework theme then its as simple as creating a style.css like any other WordPress child theme.

I think this has been asked before, let me just find the post..

Here it is:

pehja

Yes I saw this post but I did´t think it answered my question ;-) Why do I not need a child theme?

Pehja Production.png

Simon

If you think you need a child theme then use one. I am not saying you cant use one.

pehja

This has nothing to do with what i think!. Are you are saying, when using platform 5 there is nothing that will be overwritten when there is an update?
Simple question should get an simple answer.. 

Pehja Production.png

Simon

Nothing will get overwritten because everything is database driven.

pehja

Thank you! ;)

Pehja Production.png

• Similar Content

• khat
      By khat+
      I think I may have installed pagelines pro incorrectly, and then used features incorrectly. I installed first platforms framework theme and then the child, thinking I could do setup for child later. I tried to set up a background image, and tried custom css feature in pagelines dashboard. I had mistakes in my css, and just thought that if I deleted the info in the css custom feature in pagelines dashboard that the new information would overwrite the old info. The background image didn't respond at all, probably because I didn't have the child directory renamed. I then tried to use the LSS plugin to create css and added more css, possibly, somewhere -sigh-. I never did change the background image and get it placed properly. I used a workaround and in nested containers I placed a background image which worked well enough, so I moved on to try to create my nav bar/ menu bar. When I go to the Menus panel, there is NO area where I can place a menu on a page. I have read and reread and re- re- reread the instructions for placing a menu. I've used the pagelines editor to place a menu, however only HOME shows up. I've been at this for many hours. I've since uninstalled all of my pagelines items and reinstalled, thinking that it would restore all my changes to default, but no, it is still all there, with all my unresolved issues. I am completely at a loss as to what to do next.
    • greatthingsllc
      By greatthingsllc+
      I have used the NavBar (Content Width) with blue background color selected.   The Parent Links are not clickable, only the child links.   I have tried with "Activate DropDown on Hoover" both selected and unchecked. 
      Only the NAVI (Content Width) allows the parent links to be clickable, but you can not select a background color.    The background color is a requirement from the end user.
      Thanks!
    • ketri
      By ketri
      Hello,

When I select a page template for a custom post type page, it also selects the same template for the children of this custom post type. 
      I want to have my custom post type template as a heavily customized loop that I've developed myself, and the children (they are articles) as a completely another template.

Is there a function that would allow me to select different templates for them on DMS?

Thank you very much in advance.
    • balfred1345
      By balfred1345
      Hi,
      I created a DMS1 site for a client a year or so ago, using Nick's Base Theme as the child theme.  After finishing my work on the site, the client does most of the content and styling updates on their own. 

When I went in to do a bit of maintenance, I saw that they had changed the active theme from the child theme to the parent theme (Nick's Base Theme to DMS 1.1.6).

This of course means that I can't upgrade to DMS 1.1.8 without losing their changes.

Do you recommend I just have them continue to make their content and styling updates on the parent theme, and not update the parent theme? I assume there is no way to get their changes on the Parent theme ported over to the child theme without overwriting everything on the child theme??

Thanks for any advice on this you might have.

All the best,
      Bruce

• Erwan
      By Erwan
      Hi,

The following customization method for boxes works for me:
      bluebox --> class added in Box Setup Options \ Boxes Custom Class .mybluebox {background-color: blue;} --> CSS for that class added in Site Options \ Custom code But when I put this styling code in my child theme style.less file, nothing happens. I tried to add PL overriding ID's and it does'nt help:
      #site .mybluebox {background-color: blue;} #page .mybluebox {background-color: blue;} Do I miss something e.g. combining with the .fbox class in my style.less, and if so which way :huh: ?

I'm sorry to raise a subject much discussed in this forum but I'm lost!

Many many thanks in advance.