Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vanessabt

[Solved] can't change section properties...

vanessabt

Hi,

I am trying to determine if this is a pagelines issue or a hosting issue. I contacted the host as well, which is flywheel.

I created a staging site that I am getting ready to push live on flywheel hosting to replace the current site since I needed to make updates.  I used this because it is recommended in your documentation and was affordable for the client.

On my staging site I tried to remove background images from sections and upload new images.  When it refreshes the images are not replacing with the new ones.

The same thing happens in media box with <iframe> when bringing in youtube video.  I solved that by removing the mediabox and using a nextbox.

I seem to be able to make text changes in my text box  with text and make any of my css changes directly through sftp in my child theme but the front end of page line sections will not allow me to make changes in them, especially with changing background or any other images.  It is very strange and I have never seen anything like this.  

I am pushing my staging site live but was hoping to get some feedback on this issue.  Could this be an issue with the staging site platform that the host uses? Please advise.

Simon

Please provide a URL to the site in question, might just be that something needs updating.

vanessabt

staging.hickelfacts.flywheelsites.com  you will need a log in and password, can I email this to you outside of the forum?  My client decided they want to change out youtube video with vimeo but unfortunately now I am not able to do any edits because the editor is not working through pagelines.  This is rather frustrating just for making some very simple changes.  The site looks fine logging in and viewing but when you want edit it, things just don't see to work properly.  Please advise.

screenshot-app.getflywheel.com_2015-10-07_14-56-23.png

Simon

Please private message me a password to see the site.

Simon

OK firstly your copy of DMS2 is very out of date. So first things first update that to 2.2 that will fix the jQuery issues you are getting when you save. 

Secondly in future when you create a child theme never ever use blank spaces in file name or folder names. Never.

Don't rename the folder now, as you will basically rename the theme, WordPress will crap out and you will lose all you settings. Just in future do not use the space in the folder name ;)

vanessabt

theme is updated but still looks the same.  What should I do now?

Simon

I switched to parent theme and all seems to be ok..so the issue might be with the child theme.

vanessabt

okay, great. I will just change some of the settings and keep it with the parent theme for now.  All the CSS was in the child theme, did it copy it into DMS so that when you switched to the parent theme it basically kept that CSS?

I should probably do the edits that I need and then make a back up copy of the site and see if I can find the issue with child theme.  You think that the space in the file name could have caused this issue?

Simon

in the custom css area? yea should be there if not let me know i have a copy here i kept before just in case.

vanessabt

great. Thanks for your help on this.  All the changes have been made as per the client so I am good to go there. I will be pushing the staging site live and then cloning that site for testing.  I appreciate your help with this.

Simon

This topic has been marked as solved and therefore closed.